Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

New Clone Trooper Deluxe is Awesome!

The new Clone Trooper Deluxe Figure is way cool!

The only disapointment is he does not have articulation at the waist, to allow for his grenade tossing action feature.

On that note, the grenade tossing feature really works - and it works well. It was fun to play with for a few minutes, but due to the fact that the Clone Trooper needs a loose grip on the grenade to hurl it with a press of the button on his back, he doesn't hold his gun too well. But that's nothing one of those little clear rubberbands wouldn't fix.

Meanwhile, I also would have liked a holster for his blaster gun.

The 5 pieces of removeble armor fit on him just awesome!

This figure is perfect for any Kamino Cloning Lab diorama! Make the clones be posed donning their armor, or getting their helmets and suiting up for combat training!

I bought 2 - that was all that was there - but I plan to get up to 6 total, these figures are so nice!

They bend at the knees, and twist at the lower leg, too - for good poseability on or off the speederbike (included) - though I plan to put some kind of later, highly poseable Clone on the bikes in my battle scenes, and leave the guys with the removeable armor to be shown on Kamino. The throwing arm is adjustable (not like Arena Padme who's permanently posed in a shooting position). You can have this figure hold his helmet at his side, or be sitting, pulling on a leg guard segment of his armor. One wrist (the left hand) pivots. He can also be posed double-handling his blaster (firing from his right hand on the trigger).

The helmet and speederbike have a lot of rubbery feeling parts.

Note that when you put the bike into storage on the Republic Gunship, you have to take off the fron steering vane so it will fit.

The vane actually stores underneath the speederbike, so snap it into place first, then put your bike's main body aboard your gunship to fly it into battle!

How would I rate this deluxe figure? Top notch. It's really hard to say but only C-3PO / Battle Droid Deluxe comes close to this much playability and utility for me.

Nice job on the Clone Trooper Deluxe Hasbro!

(found at K-mart for $10.99)
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Wow! Good find. I really, really want this figure. I wish Hasbro would've forgone the stupid "force-flipping" Kenobi, Tryanus, etc. and the big eyebrows Anakin to make more cool deluxe figures like this Clonetrooper.
    I will never bother you,
    I will never promise to,
    I will never follw you,
    I will never bother you...

- Nirvana

I am looking forward to getting my hands on this figure in November when the new waves hit the stores here in Singapore soon... Anyway presently the stores here are afraid of over stocking so they offer the Clonetrooper together with the force flipping Anakin and Genosian warrior deluxe for a rip of price of abt US$40... I know I won't even pay a cent for the other 2 deluxe but apparently they are still selling pretty well here to the obsessed collectors... Sigh... NOVEMBER NOVEMBER SWEET NOVEMBER....

Cheers...
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

I brought this up in the Deluxe Figure value poll, but who would like Han and Luke in their stormtrooper disguises done with removeable armor like the Deluxe CloneTrooper?

Maybe under the armor, Han's blue pants with red piping would show a little bit, as with Luke's sandsifters. How in the heck did they fit their regular clothes, (like Han's vest and Luke's loose tunic) under those stormtrooper body gloves in the first place?)

Or was Leia rolling her eyes while Han and Luke struggled to put their pants back on after the they escaped the trash compactor?

That would have made a funny scene.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

How securely does the Speeder Bike fit into the Gunship? In other words, will it stay put when you are flying around the Gunship or does it fall out at the slightest tilt?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I should receive my deluxe Clone today. Your review has gotten me fired to get it - and watch it sit in it's bubble on my shelf

It does seem like a very nice setup!

J

Tycho, a bigger question is where exactly did they keep their boots when they were wearing the Stormtrooper gear. That is a big plot goof, unless Chewbacca was carrying their clothes and boots in his bandolier bag. But it's certainly not big enough to hold their boots. Maybe they stashed their clothes somewhere, but that doesn't work, because they are just outside the door of the trash compactor. I sense an "Ask the Jedi Council" for this one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

better yet.....lets get that thread going about gaffs in the OT and tick stillakid off!

But the OT is perfect!!

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by Tycho
    I brought this up in the Deluxe Figure value poll, but who would like Han and Luke in their stormtrooper disguises done with removeable armor like the Deluxe CloneTrooper?

Maybe under the armor, Han's blue pants with red piping would show a little bit, as with Luke's sandsifters. How in the heck did they fit their regular clothes, (like Han's vest and Luke's loose tunic) under those stormtrooper body gloves in the first place?)

Or was Leia rolling her eyes while Han and Luke struggled to put their pants back on after the they escaped the trash compactor?

That would have made a funny scene.
    I asked this question a while back and was treated to a brief "under their armor" answer by the same people who claim the OT is perfect and critic proof. It makes no sense and is a major plot goof that no one seems to care about since it is the OT.

Just like Jargo's old question about where the T-16 actually sat in the homestead. The layout of the garage above ground doesn't match the layout of the garage below ground.

Hmmm, I sense a new thread in the OT section coming on.....
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis