Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, you can't really blame Mattel. They had no plans to make the charecter anytime soon, as he has yet to appear in the cartoon. ToyFare wanted him made, and started asking Mattel for to make him an exclusive for them. They probably did it to shut them up. Oh, and it's $15.00

Not that I'm saying Mattel is innocent of making idiotic choices. After hearing about their new "Chase Figures" BS, I'm considering not continuing to collect the line. For your info, they are going to salt in special repainted chase figures in the line later this year. 3000 He-Man's, 2000 Skeletor's, and an unannounced ammount of Mekanecks will be slipped into assorted cases. They also have plans to do the same thing with 5 other figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thankyfully this chase figure business doesn't interest me, though I will go on record as saying I think it's a smelly idea.

As for Faker, I can't explain it but I want to get one. I guess it because it can be counted as a unique figure, which are the only ones that interest me. Not that it's likely i will get one.

Just thinking about the appearance of the ToyFare staff on HM.O, they came on only a few days before this announcement was made. I wonder if they'll disappear from there once the Faker figures is sold out.
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

I'm sure they will disapeer, if they same thing happens with the Faker exclusives that happened with the Simpsons ones. I love the fact that they ignore the posts that offer concerns for the availablity for the figure. I think that I have lost even more respect for Wizard and their magazines then was humanly possible.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Not that I'm saying Mattel is innocent of making idiotic choices. After hearing about their new "Chase Figures" BS, I'm considering not continuing to collect the line. For your info, they are going to salt in special repainted chase figures in the line later this year. 3000 He-Man's, 2000 Skeletor's, and an unannounced ammount of Mekanecks will be slipped into assorted cases. They also have plans to do the same thing with 5 other figures.

Yeah, I don't get that. Mattel has to know these things never see the shelves. They just line the pockets of the Toy Store employees who rifle through the cases in the back and then sell them on eBay. So what's the point? It doesn't bother me because I'm only getting the figures to "play" with, but these kind of promotions always backfire and end up making the toy company look like a bunch of shmucks. If they were going to do something like 'Chase' figures they should have put them out with out fanfare or notice and then after they had been bought up, announced 'Hey! Maybe you bought a lucky variant He-Man!" Then all the collectors would rush out to see if there were any left in the stores. Doing it this way just insures the Toy Store employees will be on the lookout for them. Thanks for giving them a heads up Mattel! I'm sure THEY don't read Toyfare after all, they only work in the industry in some way or another...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Well, I'm probably going to be flamed for saying this, but here goes.

JarJar, unfortunately, the editorial staff isn't privy to the production runs. That's all to do with the higher ups. I'm certainly not going to make a promise that everyone can get it if I don't have the info to release. (I'm not a spokesperson for the company, just one of the writers.)

As for posting on the He-Man.org boards, I've been posting there for a while, like I have on a number of boards, I unfortunately don't have a lot of time to post on any one individual board. (I post on the Simpsons Collector sector from time to time as well.)

Jon Gutierrez
    Price Guide Editor
    ToyFare
    Last edited by DasGoot; 10-21-2002 at 01:58 PM.
    Jon Gutierrez
    price guide editor
    ToyFare Magazine
    http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/toyfare.cfm

A good start would to be sure to actually pass those concerns on to the higher ups. Especially the ones about delivering the figures to the customers that order them. They should go first and foremost into the hands of the people that order them. Not like the previous Simpson's figures that were held back to be marked up and sold threw the company's brothers store.

That was just a low blow to the entire collecting community that ever read your magazine. I have nothing against you or the rest of the editorial staff. But shenanigans like that from the owners of the magazine reflects badly on the entire staff that works on the magazine. So you can understand why some people have less then warm and squishy feelings for the magazine.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 10-21-2002 at 01:50 PM.

You know...If I remember right, The Guys at TOYFARE did not even know how to spell his name "FAKER" they had is as "FAKOR" and now They want him as an Exclusive??? Hmmm......

Regardless, I am looking forward to this one. It should be really cool.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."