Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Faker made for new MOTU

Toyfare recently unveiled info regarding a new Faker MOTU exclusive in the upcoming issue #65. For all the details

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=26637

and a pic

http://www.he-man.org/news_images/toyfare_faker.jpg

Unfortunately he has now cool new features, like the original he is a He-Man repaint with Skeletor armour. Also there is no interactive sound chip.

I tried to delete this thread from here so I could post it in the Other Toy forum instead but the board wouldn't let me.
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

I'm sure that someone will move it. As for my reaction to the news. Bah, stupid Toy Fair exclusives. Anyone want to bet that they won't make enough to go around, and tons of people will be disapointed. Just like their stupid Simpson's exclusives.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 10-16-2002 at 03:25 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That's funny, my buddies and I were just talking about whether or not they would have the stones to release that poor excuse for a character. Member how on the show he wasn't even blue?? HAH!!!! And I thought ram man stunk!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Well Mattel didn't really have the stones to release it, which is why this exclusive is a safe bet for them. ToyFare paid for the production of the figure and most people will associate it with them rather than Mattel. Much like the Simpson's exclusives are associated with Toyfare moreso than Playmates.

Jar Jar - I don't know if you're still lurking there or not but you might find this thread of interest in relation to the Simpson's exclusives controversy.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...threadid=25617
    "Luke' I am your father!"

"You may be my father, but who's your daddy!?!"

I'm always watching. Thanks for directing me to the thread there. You know what ticks me off the most, the fact that the two ToyFare people posting in the thread have not once stated that there will be sufficiant numbers for everyone that wants one. And that there won't be another Simpson's-like scandel over the mail-in's. They are going to tick alot of people off, if it's business as usual with their exclusives.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hmmm......Faker........stinkor.......He Man........

the creators of MOTU weren't exactly tops in the " creative name " department...were they?

This thing sucks IMO, there were a bunch of better ideas for Faker on these very forums a while back, instead all we're getting is an overpriced ToyFare exclusive that's a cruddy-looking repaint. The magazine's shenanigans with its owner's brother's store and Simpsons exclusives was insulting enough, this is just the guano-icing on the dung-cake.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Exactly my thoughts JediTricks. I'll order one, because I want one for my collection. But I sure the hell won't be happy about it. Ever since their Simpson's exclusive dirty dealings, I've dispised the company. And I don't even collect Simpson's figures. I was against them on principal, because I knew that one day that they would offer an exclusive I did care about. Gee, I sure called that one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Faker is favorite MOTU but I'll make a custome:

1 He-Man
    +
    1 Skeletor
    +
    Paint
    =
    Faker

BLah! I'm less than impressed. I might have guessed that Mattel would pull something like this. Something tells me that I don't even want to know what ToyFare is gonna charge for this.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett