Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sir Anthony Hopkins writing Hannibal IV?

Sounds like Sir Anthony Hopkins wants to wrap the story up with a final sequel. Hopefully it deals with why he became a serial killer. That was revealed in the novel of Hannibal, but never was mentioned in the film version. Here's the news from Dark Horizons.

Hannibal 4: The Star has more details on the supposed fourth Lecter adventure, turns out its not what you may think. It seems that 64-year actor Anthony Hopkins wrote a script which would finish up the character once and for all by having Clarice Starling shoot him to death in the final scenes: "I did write a screenplay of my own, just as an exercise, that would follow Hannibal, I showed it to Dino and to my agent and the studio. It's about Hannibal actually out there, after Hannibal. The final denouement. Clarice is having a nervous breakdown and living in San Francisco. Then the nightmares start. She sees him on street corners, and he vanishes in the crowd. Then one night she wakes up in her bedroom and she's handcuffed to her bed, and he's in the corner smoking a cigar, and he says, 'Hello, Clarice..."."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 10-16-2002 at 12:20 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Erm...

I liked the Hannibal movies so I'm a little unsure how I feel about this. "A new movie, yay . Wait, Anthony Hopkins writing it?"

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

well....that sounds like a...........steaming pile of crap......

sorry...got to say it.....

Anthony might want to stick with the old acting thing he does so well at.

HANNIBLE 4: hannible bleeds to death after cutting off his hand, and never makes the airplane.

i would much rather see a pre-quil to red dragon. when me, jar jar and ebert and roeper all agree, how could it go wrong?:happy:

Exactly Derek. Let's delve into the mind of the madman. So far we have more info about why the serial killers in Red Dragon and Silence of the Lambs are the way they are, then why Lecter is. Not that I care really for the silly explination behind the Tooth Fairy.

He was emotionally scarred because he had a cleft pallate and was a bed wetter with a crazy mother that threatened to cut of his manhood. Please, I've read better ideas on the sides of Cereal Boxes.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

He is also playing Jor-el, father of superman in the upcoming superman movie. This guy is starting to remind me of ian mckellen with all those movies...

Originally posted by hurrikane
    He is also playing Jor-el, father of superman in the upcoming superman movie. This guy is starting to remind me of ian mckellen with all those movies...
    has that been actually confirmed? i know brett ratner mentioned it, kinda as a joke, but nothing was set.

JJB - wasn't it the tooth fairy's grandmother that taunted him, not his mother?

I think you're not quite looking at the larger picture. Yes those things may have scarred him, but they are not necessarily the driving force behind his madness. He was obviously into all kinds of goofy crap like the red dragon . . . those are the things that capitalized on his past and led him to kill. The bedwetting itself was not motive, as I understood it.

Grandmother, Mother, whatever. It was still a less then satisfying reason behind his madness. Maybe the book explains better, but I should just put asside reality and remember that it is just a movie. I guess I'm frustrated when they don't give charecters proper motivation for their actions.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I'm frustrated when they don't give charecters proper motivation for their actions.
    they are insane.
    you're looking for a rational reason for irrational actions. i don't think any will be found.

also, in regards to the "tooth fairy", i got the impression his grandmother was molesting him. that and he's a complete loon were enough for me. anyone who has conversations with a painting in his attic, or is making a suit out of women, isn't exactly the picture of sanity.