Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"

Phone Booth shelved 'indefinitely"...

...and this movie goer, for one, is peeved. I've been following this movie's "career" for the past two years. I read the script many moons ago and was intrigued when it crossed the desks of Jim Carrey, Will Smith, Jerry Bruckheimer before landing in Joel Schumacher's lap. Sure, he sucked up the Batman movies, but he also did Falling Down, and recently Tigerland. Both of which are excellent films in my book. And to top it off he cast the lead with Colin Farell, Hollywood's new "it" guy before he had done anything else. So now, it was finally getting to see the light of day, and some jerk with a rifle and some nervous **** studio exec have canned it again.

Why do studios think people can't tell the difference between movies and reality. Are they afraid the public will blame the film on the real life events, and in turn, personally hold the exec responsible? Or that the studio is "cashing in" on the real events (never mind that the film was in the can almost two years ago and the script was making the rounds years before that)?

I HATE the knee jerk reactionaries who run things in the movie business.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I'm not surprised. I saw the trailer awhile back, and thought it looked fun. I saw it again last weekend and I kinda assumed it would be shelved . . . there's been quite a precedent for delaying movies lately.

This is Schumacher's second straight delayed movie.
    (Bad Company being the other one)

I heard they just pushed the release date back until Spring 2003.

I will admit, I live in the DC area. I haven't been going out as much as I was a couple weeks ago. I don't see the any reason to delay the movie. They are just being over-sensitive. If they were that concerned about what people think, they shouldn't have made the movie in the first place.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Well I'm not surprised by this. Last year 3 movies got pushed back due to 9/11. Bad Company, Big Trouble, and Collateral Damage. I was living in LA at the time and I got asked to go see a screener of Collateral Damage after 9/11 because the studio wanted to know if the subject matter was inappropriate to be released at that time. That's why Phone Booth has been pulled. Granted I don't beleive in this philosophy at all. If the general movie going public can't decipher "fiction" from reality then they have a problem. I for one say that they should release the film, heck it would probably do real well. Sometimes I get tired of living in this politically correct society where we have to be sensitive to everyones feelings.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Joel Schumacher is Satan. Just thought I would say it

So is Jerry Bruckheimer.

"Roger Nasty Butler!"

I went and saw "The Ring" today, and they still had the cardboard stand-up advertising "Phone Booth" opening Nov. 25th. But Moviefone.com says that it's due in theaters on Feb 15, 2003. So no clue what is going on.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

The movie theater I work at had to take the standee down, as well as all one-sheets.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    You can bet I snagged all the one -sheets as soon as I heard... Yeah. All TWO of them.

How was "The Ring" JJB? Everyone is saying it's really scary. Even my usually jaded movie critic friends said they were "a little freaked out" watching it. NO spoilers, though. I still haven't made any time in my busy schedule to see it.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I'm starting to think that "Phone Booth" may end up getting a quiet direct to video release, thanks to the Sniper attacks that are going on now. It sucks how people have to be so PC with crap like this. Yet most psychologists say that seeing a movie like this is a release. Thats why rentals and purchases of "terrorist" themed movies went up after the 9/11 happenings. Nothing makes you feel better about somthing then an American Action Star kicking some bad guy arse.

As for "The Ring", definatly go see it. An excellent film that breaks the usual horror conventions. Great acting, chills, thrills, and scary moments, without the need of resorting to gore to shock you. It makes me want to try to get ahold of the original Japanese films, hopefully they release them on DVD over here.

The biggest problem about "The Ring", is that it doesn't seem to be doing all that well at the box office. Everyone I know that goes to see it, says that the theater is usually almost empty. That's depressing, because it doesn't help more unique horror films get made, if the movie going public doesn't support them. We'll be back to the same stupid dreck at the theaters at this rate.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.