Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Schaumburg TRU has joined the bandwagona nd put out TONS of the new waves, as expected...except for the blond Endor Soldier, which I am sure someone has gone through all of them and picked them out already But they had the Padme, new Jango, TA Anakin, Maul, Watto, Lott Dodd,and Tusken Raider. Have fun
    And I refuse to go to Galactic Hunter because that tool Adam Pawlus (from Yakface) is there...I really cannot stand that kid
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"

what is yakface?
    A death mark is not an easy thing to live with.

www.yakface.com, which was the first SW collector site I discovered way back when...Adam Pawlus is a self-appointed expert who used to do a pretty cool newsletter, then got a bit too big for his britches, and ran a Q&A on Yakface, where it was basically a forum for him to act all superior to people who asked him questions. When I met this kid at SWC2, I know why. He is what everyone thinks of when they think 'Internet Geek'. Your basic pasty-faced 90 pound weakling who can only say things behind a screen. So yeah, it's a good site now, without all the snide remarks in what is supposed to be 'news' Check it out
    "I'm drinkin a soy latte, I get a double shot-ay, it goes into my bod-ay and you know I'm satisfied!"

Kmart seems to be the hot spot now. Hit the one in Palatine during lunch yesterday. All the Lott Dod waves figs had the same large crease across the front of the blister. Hit Kmart on Oakton & Lee. Had lots of Anakin TA, Maul, Padme CA. Hit Kmart on 79th & Harlem. Had lots of Anakin TA, Maul, Padme CA, Teemto, Ki-Adi. Found one deluxe clonetrooper and one deluxe Geonosian in less than mint condition. Left them both - don't collect deluxe. Should I have picked them up for trade?

I'd have traded ya for them!

Hey, does anyone know if the K Mart on Mecham in Schamburg still has all the peg warmers for $2.50?? I know they had them at that price a short time ago, but I haven't been over there for a couple of weeks.

It seems that the rumor that TRU is sending back all the pegwarmers to Hasbro for newer assorts is true. Does anyone else think that means that we'll find all the peg warmers at some second rate store for super cheap? I hope so, but who knows. Kenner had to destroy a bunch of vintage figures back in the mid 80's because it was more cost effective than selling them at a reduced rate. I wouldn't mind burning a couple Saga 3P0's myself. Any thoughts??
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Check your Dollar General stores, or the equivalent, they had a bunch of Episode 1 stuff this past spring. Well, by that I mean Darth Mauls and Senator Palpatine figures

TRU on Cicero in Bridgeview had Maul, Anakin TA, Lott Dod, Watto, Tusken, Ki-Adi, Teemto. No blond endor soldier. Picked up Lott Dod for myself and left the others.

Found Force Flipping Action Deluxe Anakin last night at Vernon Hills Target on 60. They had 2 left but less than mint packages. A pretty week figure. Same mold as Obi Wan but with a goofy Anakin head.

TRU in Vernon Hills had a few of TA Anakin, Maul, Ki Ada Mundi, and Yoda. Had plenty of room for even more. Same with Target. Very exciting for us collectors in the north west.

More exciting news is that memo on the main page about Wal Mart sending back 18 differnt peg warmers in exchange for new figures. Looks as if Hasbro is fininally getting it act together!!

This Holiday Season might be pretty good for Star Wars fans !!
    If you want to find it you have to shop.