Here's the info for the Star Wars release at Wal-Mart 11/12
Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones
Collectors, new fans and Holiday Shoppers will be anxious to purchase the second episode of this pre-quel. Sales of this release and related merchandise WILL impact your buisness. Be ready! The DVD/VHS release is November 12th.
- Exclusive Dept 7 product
Supercenter Bakery program - display of movie and licensed cupcakes.
Wal-Mart radio countdown show
Tear pad with bar code(movie pallet). Customers can view a deleted scene from Episode II Attack of the Clones by scanning the tear pad bar code in the Home Entertainment Dept
Star Wars mini Poster
24-hour stores and those that are making plans to extend hours might consider the following to bring customers back to the store for a November 12, 12:01am purchase.
Distribute exclusive mini poster
Demo toys and light-sabers
Dedicate Associates to pull the movie pallet to the front of the store. Cover the pallet with something easy to remove at 12:01am. Place toy pallet of Star Wars merchandise in close proximity to the movies. Maki it easy for your customers to find this by creating a Star Wars merchandise destination.
Stores that are not open the evening before the release should have the Star Wars destination(movies and toy pallet) staged before opening the morning of 11/12/02. Customers will want this merchandise!
- Oct. 30
- Nov I TAB front cover call out
- Set Star Wars product/Episode I movie Pallet
Nov. 1 - Nov. 11 Midnight
- Set 4 sided Star Wars toy and Episode I movie Pallet:
Side A - Episode I DVD and tear pad
Side B - Hasbro Star Wars Figures. Dept 7 Associate to pull from sidecounter.
Side C - Hasbro Deluxe Light Saber #84886. Dept 7 Associate to set.
Side D - Lego Jango Fett's Slave I Cargo Case Copack #65153. Dept 7 Associate to set.
- Wal-Mart Radio "countdown to release" show begins and continues through 11/12
- Midnight Madness Event for participating Stores
- Minit Poster
- Star Wars commercial airs nationwide through 11/24
- Utilize PA announcements to remind customers about the release. If midnight madness events are planned, invite customers back that evening for the festivities.
- Pallet converts to:
Side A - presale message and Episode I product replaced with Episode II DVD merchandise
Side B - Hasbro merchandise is removed and is replaced with Episode II DVDs
- Bakery program 4 sided display. Three sides of movies and one of Star Wars cupcakes. Anderson rep will deliver movie pallet. Bakery Associate should provide the themed cupcakes to fill one side.
Licensed cupcakes are available.
Don't compromise the integrity of your store by allowing sales of these releases prior to the street date. For those customers interested in purchasing the movie prior to the street date, direct them to Wal-Mart.com for our pre-sell promotion.
As always, each store will decide at what level of participation they will have. But that is the info for the DVD/VHS release