Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Talking Star Wars Episode II and Wal-Mart

Here's the info for the Star Wars release at Wal-Mart 11/12

Star Wars Episode II Attack of the Clones

Collectors, new fans and Holiday Shoppers will be anxious to purchase the second episode of this pre-quel. Sales of this release and related merchandise WILL impact your buisness. Be ready! The DVD/VHS release is November 12th.

Event Supporter
    • Exclusive Dept 7 product
      Supercenter Bakery program - display of movie and licensed cupcakes.
      Wal-Mart radio countdown show
      Tear pad with bar code(movie pallet). Customers can view a deleted scene from Episode II Attack of the Clones by scanning the tear pad bar code in the Home Entertainment Dept
      Star Wars mini Poster

Midnight Madness
    24-hour stores and those that are making plans to extend hours might consider the following to bring customers back to the store for a November 12, 12:01am purchase.

Distribute exclusive mini poster
    Demo toys and light-sabers

Dedicate Associates to pull the movie pallet to the front of the store. Cover the pallet with something easy to remove at 12:01am. Place toy pallet of Star Wars merchandise in close proximity to the movies. Maki it easy for your customers to find this by creating a Star Wars merchandise destination.

Stores that are not open the evening before the release should have the Star Wars destination(movies and toy pallet) staged before opening the morning of 11/12/02. Customers will want this merchandise!

Timeline
    • Oct. 30
      - Nov I TAB front cover call out
      - Set Star Wars product/Episode I movie Pallet
      Nov. 1 - Nov. 11 Midnight
      - Set 4 sided Star Wars toy and Episode I movie Pallet:
      Side A - Episode I DVD and tear pad
      Side B - Hasbro Star Wars Figures. Dept 7 Associate to pull from sidecounter.
      Side C - Hasbro Deluxe Light Saber #84886. Dept 7 Associate to set.
      Side D - Lego Jango Fett's Slave I Cargo Case Copack #65153. Dept 7 Associate to set.
      Nov. 4
      - Wal-Mart Radio "countdown to release" show begins and continues through 11/12
      Nov. 11
      - Midnight Madness Event for participating Stores
      - Minit Poster
      - Star Wars commercial airs nationwide through 11/24
      - Utilize PA announcements to remind customers about the release. If midnight madness events are planned, invite customers back that evening for the festivities.
      Nov. 12
      - Pallet converts to:
      Side A - presale message and Episode I product replaced with Episode II DVD merchandise
      Side B - Hasbro merchandise is removed and is replaced with Episode II DVDs
      DVD/VHS release
      Nov. 10-24
      - Bakery program 4 sided display. Three sides of movies and one of Star Wars cupcakes. Anderson rep will deliver movie pallet. Bakery Associate should provide the themed cupcakes to fill one side.
      Licensed cupcakes are available.

Don't compromise the integrity of your store by allowing sales of these releases prior to the street date. For those customers interested in purchasing the movie prior to the street date, direct them to Wal-Mart.com for our pre-sell promotion.

As always, each store will decide at what level of participation they will have. But that is the info for the DVD/VHS release

Enjoy
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

Sounds like Wal-Mart's trying to learn from their past mistakes, eh?

"Don't compromise the integrity of your store by allowing sales of these releases prior to the street date."

Looks like they're trying to keep last April's toy fiasco from happening all over again.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Excellent news! Thanks!
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Hopefully this will open those Hasbro boxes of all the stuff we don't see that's been collecting dust in the overstock backroom for months.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Re: Star Wars Episode II and Wal-Mart

Originally posted by Dar' Argol
    - Bakery program 4 sided display. Three sides of movies and one of Star Wars cupcakes. Anderson rep will deliver movie pallet. Bakery Associate should provide the themed cupcakes to fill one side.
    Licensed cupcakes are available.

YEAH! What Caeser said.

The DVD release is cool and all I suppose ... but I'm totally amped for some of those "themed cupcakes"!

I wonder what the selection will be. Will there be variations? Should I ask Thrawn about the possible collectible value of these cupcakes? How can you tell the difference between a cupcake variation and a cupcake error anyway? Will they be chocolate or plain cake flavor or perhaps something more unique?

I'm so very excited.

I wonder how much the cupcakes will go on Ebay for in 5-10 years.I sure some scalper psycho will will try it.

ooh ... I never even thought about eBay. That's such a funny idea ... I might even try it a few days after. What would be funny, would be to get as many SSG members as possible to auction off Star Wars cupcakes on eBay. It'd be a nice communal prank ... but it'd cost 30 cents per person or whatever.

I'm in for it!!! It would be fun- just to see if we have any bidders!

Mmm...cupcakes... My Wal-Mart had cupcakes for the 4/23 midnight madness, they were goood. They had little partyfavor rings on them and it was a 6pack, unfortunately there were only 3 rings so you got two of each. They were Vader, 3PO and ever loveable R2.

I can't believe they'd actually have a midnight madness thing for a DVD release, weird. Definitely going though! (As long as the deleted scene that comes up when the code is scanned doesn't have Portman in it. )
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"