Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will The US go to war with North Korea?

What are your thoughts on the admission of hidden nuclear weapons in North Korea, and the defiance of agreements made?

It's going to be interesting to see where Bush goes with this.

I dunno, at least we'd know the territory a little better since we've already been there plus we have way better technology now. We're definitely in deep if they decided to take action against us and all of China was on their side.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I don't see why North Korea having nuclear weapons is such a revelation. Hey, who doesn't have nuclear capabilities now a days? We've had nuclear weapons for decades and they've just now got them. Let me welcome them to the 21st century.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute
    I don't see why North Korea having nuclear weapons is such a revelation. Hey, who doesn't have nuclear capabilities now a days? We've had nuclear weapons for decades and they've just now got them. Let me welcome them to the 21st century.
    because they violated a sanction similar to the one with iraq.

If it's no big thing that N.K. has nukes........why is it so dire that Iraq "may" have nukes?

Eh, true they might've violated sanctions that we imposed on them, but who hasn't? the US government thinks it has the right to tell people what they can and cannot do. Where do we get this right? Lately, it just seems that we're the bullies on the playground, pushing everybody around. I don't even watch the news anymore cause we never know what Bush is going to get us into next.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
    If it's no big thing that N.K. has nukes........why is it so dire that Iraq "may" have nukes?
    EXACTLY! The answer for everything from the Bush administration is that Saddam is a brutal dictator who has shown a willingness to gas his own people.

I seem to remember students getting run down by the Chinese in Tiannamen Square- no change there, but we don't embargo them. Of course under Nixon students at Kent State were shot by the national guard for protesting the Vietnam War- no mention of that either.

And Saddam was just as brutal when he was was a buddy of ours fighting Iran.

Don Rumsfeld is the new Robert McNamara. What really freaks me out is that the military is seriously against the operation when they were gung ho for Vietnam. Colin Powell, the only military man in Bush's circle has obviously been muzzled.

We will not fight North Korea because we won't get support from the allies and because we would rather not risk nuclear war with China.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

I think they are hoping that China can keep them under control.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I agree, things were so much more simple under the Clinton Administration. Back in the good old days. Remember:

Selling Nuclear secrets to China.

Allowing Bin Laden to get away with murdering innocent people as long as it was far from home, or at least on US Embassy soil. NEVER forget the USS COLE!!!

The ATF, Ruby Ridge, Waco Texas, Oklahoma City.

Selling Presidential pardons.

A President who can get away with purgery (that's LYING under oath). The REAL reason Clinton was Impeached, it just so happens he was lying about his extra marital affairs. The point is he LIED under oath and obstructed JUSTICE, a crime which others are serving HARD time for I might add. This from a man with a license to practice LAW!!! Or at least he HAD one. Did they ever re-instate it?

Lately we, as a nation have been a bit on edge, that may have something to do with the fact that we just suffered the single WORST terrorist attack in the history of the world. WE lost more American (White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, Muslim, Jew, Christian, Man, Woman, CHILDREN!!!) lives than in Pearl Harbor.

Sadam Hussain proved his character and his intentions when he invaded Kuwait. It is unfortunate that he was allowed to remain in power, he should have been tried for WAR CRIMES by the UN. Had they had the scroat to do the right thing we wouldn't have this problem today.

Had Slick Willie ever served in the military, maybe he would have hunted down Bin Laden after the USS Cole was hit. But he was too concerned about playing politics.

FACT:

Tony Blair agrees that Sadam is a danger.

The UN placed those sanctions on Iraq.

Patton was right, we should have pushed those commies back all the way home.

I have been to South Korea. I have seen young Students protest our presense there, threatening to kidnap US soldiers.

I have also had 70 year old Koreans come up to me and shake my hand with tears in their eyes. They REMEMBER!!!

If we were to pull out of S. Korea N. Korea would take over in less than a month!!! Bringing Communist China with them. Then Japan would be in trouble and we'd all be screw@d.

That's why it's such a big deal for N. Korea to have Nukes! How would they react if we just happened to bring over a few nukes of our own to set up on bases in S. Korea???

Of course that will never happen, but you get the idea. Our troops are in real danger with N. Korea having nuclear capabilities they don't even have to have long range missiles to hit US targets.

Bullies? Was Kennedy a bully when he told Cuba to get rid of their nukes?

The problem with all these little countries getting nukes is two fold. First, these guys have less to lose and would be much more tempted to USE them. Second and MOST importantly is SECURITY. If just one psycho like Lid Lala got his grubby hands on a good nuke you could multiply 9/11 by about 1000X! And next time it might not be the United States that gets hit.

At the same time the United States has done some underhanded things, noone is blameless in the quest for power.

I also do not think that the US can fight a 2 front war. Despite what some experts might say. Two front wars have been the downfall of mighty armies who dared to think themselves soo superior.

Uh, just my 2 cents. Yes, I did rant and rave and well, what can I say irt just seemed like the thing to do.
    May the force be with you.

Will we go to war with N. Korea?

No, we're smarter than that.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

as it is we are gettign speard pretty thin. we are in afgin rigth now. then their is talks of going into iraq. know their is talk of n korea. we need fishins the are first two parts of the headache before we look at a third. but heck we might win this time in korea if we let the soliders do their jobs and keep the polictes out of it.