Hybrid View

Any info on SW:TCG A New Hope?

Just checking in to see if anyone has the 411 on the new expansion set. I heard it was coming out in November but don't know the "exact" release date.

What ever it is I'm sure WOTC and their retailers will drag their feet on this one like they did for the Sith Rising set.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I haven't noticed them in stores yet, but the ANH spread they did in the Insider looks pretty decent.
    There were only one or two from the set that looked goofy to me in the sense that they are doctored images . . .

I finally found them at a local store. They seem to be as good in picture quality as the AOTC and SR ones. I only bought one 11-card pack so my POV is limited to those 11 cards.

There's an intercept option in some of them (you force your opponent to attack a different card than their intended target) and another one that I don't quite understand. I got the Star Destroyer Commander card (picture of the Imp officer talking with Vader on the Tantive IV about "if news of this gets out it may generate sympathy for the Rebellion in the Senate.") and it has a TIE/F icon and gives +2 power to a capital ship because this character is supposed to be a capital ship pilot or something like that.

I also got a mouse droid card, but it blows major chunks (P=0, H=1) and is only good for letting you draw another card). I did find the Luke A (rare) card, but it is only good for letting you grab another Luke out of your deck.

I also found the stormtrooper squadron/patrol card, a Y-Wing card, and Red One X-Wing. The Stormie card had something interesting on it. Under the character description it says Imperial Clone Trooper or something to that effect. I wonder if that's a spoiler detail from EP3.

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

yeah i bought four packs of ANH the other dayi pulled Luke A and the special foil version of Han, and two diff mission cards. For Christmas i'll be getting a box
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

Originally posted by AT-AT Man
    yeah i bought four packs of ANH the other dayi pulled Luke A and the special foil version of Han, and two diff mission cards. For Christmas i'll be getting a box
    May I ask you where you're getting the booster box from? I've been looking for a good deal on one. The best I've seen is from thecardvault.com for around $76.

yes, i got it at potomic distribution for 78, the card vault is 2 dollars cheaper so just get it their
    Gambit: What's up guys? Tell me, why are you such losers?

Toad: Because the X-Men are winners. It all balances out.

Gambit to Brotherhood
    X-Men Evolution
    Season Three Episode 34

I managed to get one on ebay for a little less than $70. Since the seller was located in-state I didn't have to pay for shipping. I think it ended up costing about $2 per pack instead of the average cost of $3-$3.30 plus tax.

I haven't opened any packs yet because my wife says she wants to give it to me for Christmas.