Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lego Mini Sets.

I just picked up 3 of the 4 sets at a Target here in Illinois. I do believe the extra parts in all 4 sets combine to make a TIE Bomber. The cases are also very nice, unlike the cardboard packages. They are in a plastic clam shell. I still have yet to locate the AT-AT/Snowspeeder set.
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

i think that will be the hard one to find. its a shame because i wanted to buy many of those so i can have an at-st army.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Finally found these, but only had enough $$$ to buy 1 set. Naturally, I chose the X-wing vs TIE Advanced. This is a really cool set, bigger and more fun to build than I expected. These are the same size as Galoob's Die Cast line which is a very fun scale, yet they fit in the neat recloseable packaging without major disassembly. It's neat that both vehicles are completely devoid of custom LEGO parts. The X-wing being white instead of light gray is a bit odd at first, but becomes much less noticable after both sets are completed. It would have been nicer to get a TIE Fighter here than Vader's TIE Advanced, but oh well.

The "extra element" for the TIE Bomber is fairly standard stuff, pretty much the same design as the TIE Advanced wing except using 2 circular 2x2 plates and an empty magnet holder to attach the wing to the bomber. It's not exciting by itself but it's extra parts even if you don't wanna build the TIE Bomber... of course, you ARE technically paying a little more for these parts, but that depends more on your POV I guess.

The generic plastic clamshell packaging is quite nifty and should prove a good carrying case for these sets (especially if you reuse the sealing tape). I was especially impressed that the embossed Lego 2x4 brick on the front actually interlocks with real Lego plates and bricks.

All in all, I feel my 4 bucks was well-spent and will probably get the rest of the series. It appears that the upcoming MINI Millennium Falcon will be in the same scale as the X-wing vs TIE Adv which makes me very happy indeed.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the sets but I especially like the Slave 1 and X-Wing.
    The Jedi Starfughter is cute, the AT-ST Rocks and the Tie Bomber is awesome. The Snowspeeder and Vader's Tie need some work but the fissle of the line is the pod racers>>>YUK

Future sets could also include Episode II speeder assortment, Twin Pod Cloud Car, Luke's landspeeder, B-Wing, Outrider, droid starfighter, naboo starfighter, trade federation battle ship, of course Lego should just make one of these in the regular scale anyway, sith inflitrator, republic crusier, mon calamari starships, T-16 skyhopper?

Overall, very cool design and idea, just no more pod racers
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Thanks for the opinion on the pod racers, I have been on the fence about that set since I first saw it.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have my wallet sealed till now but I really would like to get the AT-ST set which in my opinion is a very well made, well likeness set among the rest. Maybe I should head out to the stores to finally hook up one AT-ST. If it impresses me enough, I may get a platoon of it hehe.... a complement to the upcoming AT-AT.

The wave 2 series looks really great, I couldn't help but save some pics while editing the toy fair coverage. I especially want the Falcon and the MTT, though only the AT-AT looks kinda light.

Finally got the AT-ST set yesterday... not 1 but 2
    But the X-Wing set is long gone

Don't worry, the shelves are being restocked pretty well now, I'm sure you'll find your X-wing sooner or later.'

Can't wait, bring on the next wave!
    2012 RFL Thank You to, TeeEye7 & Slicker!!!!
    Be an organ donor, save lives!

I grabbed Up ALL 4 sets...built the x-tra TIE-Bomber and even "won" from the Officail Site a TIE Fighter in a giveaway thingy...i think they r all COOL!!

http://www.ckteck.com/pedro/jedi%20010.jpg

The Bomber is in the front of Maul low...

http://www.ckteck.com/pedro/jedi%20011.jpg