Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lego Mini Sets.

Hybrid View

Lego Mini Sets.

So what do you guys think of them?

My fav. is the AT-ST.

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys/lego2003mini.jpg

These are the MM of Lego! I'll save my money to get the other sets rather than buy these.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster

I think they look pretty cool. The funniest part about them being that we get a more accurate AT-ST this way.

If you get all four sets ($4 each) then with the spare parts you can build a TIE Bomber. Plus if you get the UCS Star Destroyer then get a bunch of the X-wing/DV TIE sets and change the DV TIE to TIE Fighters (just some slight adding to it) then you can have a battle that almost looks in scale.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

These seem to be fairly standard parts except for paint details. If they're cheap enough, I'll buy 'em (maybe not the podracers, they look pretty rank IMO), but that's the determining factor for me, anything over $5 a set seems like a rip unless the parts count is higher than I'm seeing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    anything over $5 a set seems like a rip unless the parts count is higher than I'm seeing.
    As I said in my post, they're supposed to be $4 according to FBTB's post:

FBTB
    4484 X-Wing and TIE Advanced 76pc $3.99
    4485 Anakin and Sebulba Pods 72pc $3.99
    4486 Snowspeeder and AT-ST 76pc $3.99
    4487 Jedi Starfighter and Slave I 53pc $3.99
    Not bad, even if they're not all that great to play with they would make interesting sets to put with the UCS Rebel Blockade Runner or Star Destroyer. Or even a mini display of the asteroid field chase from AOTC done with brown bricks.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

i'll get em cause they're cheap as heck. i may get two of each cept the podracers cause i'd like to have a TIE bomber as well as all the others

LTBasker thats a darn good idea though, they would look pretty sweet with the large scale capital ships.
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Sorry, didn't notice before. "Supposed to be" isn't the same as a done deal unfortunately, but if they are $4 each, then I'll probably buy multiples of the X-wing/Vader's TIE set, redesign Vader's ship to be a TIE Fighter, and make a nice display.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

quite a few possibilities with this line i think. a great chance for them to make many different ships in a small scale, therefore making them cheap enough for everyone to enjoy, not just the high rollers who can buy USC
    i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

I am looking forwards to these sets. They look very cool. And since I have a younger fan - especially of legos - these are great additions.

Really like the idea that these use existing parts. Chances are you will have them all lying around. I think a black x-wing would be cool. Many other possibilites there.

Variety is the spice of life. This is a good move for lego!

To bad they didn't do a mini set with a Repeblic Gunship or AT-TE. I'm still unsure whether or not to get them. Chances are I will though.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!