Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Ralph McQuarrie conceptual Luke Skywalker

Apparently Hasbro decided to make a buddy for the upcoming concept Stormtrooper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rmluke3.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	4259  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I think I'm going to gag. Luckily, it appears to be a really crappy custom. Notice who posted it, Curto. He always posts the custom stuff. That's the 25th Anniversary Han Solo body and base. Looks like they repainted it and threw some G.I. Joe pieces on him. That's not even exactly what that concept charecter looks like.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Name:	mcquarrie vader vs. luke.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	20.2 KB 
ID:	4260  
    Last edited by Beast; 10-18-2002 at 09:39 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Something tells me that they've seen the concept Stormie, and that, by posting this, the negative reaction will be solely focused on this, and the Stormie will look fabulous by comparison.

Then again, it could be something else, I can't think like a tool.

It don't look too bad from behind.

Name:	comparison.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	4261  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Hasbro is running out of ideas.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Whether or not that is a custom, it could be a lot better. But you are right, LM, from the back it is quite accurate. I'd like to see the concept Vader just for completeness' sake.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

But.... how come he doesn't have a yellow lightsaber, like in the painting?

Eh...Because it is a custom, I'm pretty sure. Other than that the back is pretty close though. They should have at least used Luminara's blade or something...
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

But even a "custom" figure could have included a yellow lightsaber... there was a yellow one that came with the POTJ Plo Koon. They should have used that one instead.

Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
    It don't look too bad from behind.
    I used to date someone like that
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"