OK, I quit smoking on Jan 27th and I haven't touched tobacco since. The early days were TOUGH!!! The last couple of months have been easier.
However, I have suddenly been saddled with a heavy dose of extra stress and I feel like I'm gonna break. I mean it, I haven't had the urge to light up this bad since day 1!!!
I just had to say it, it helps me cope. Any word of encouragement would be good. This is the first time I have seriously considered lighting up in a LONG time.
Running through the list of why I quite/shouldn't light up:
1. For my daughter.
2. For my wife.
3. For my health.
4. Because it killed my Grandmother.
5. Because it is slowly killing my Mother.
6. Because I have come to far to give up now.
7. If my wife can deal with quitting so can I.
8. Because I need to set a good example to my fellow soldiers.
9. Because I will NOT give anyone the satisfaction of saying I couldn't do it.
10. Because I want to help others quite.
Argh, after almost 9 months how can this stuff still have it's claws in me??? Damn nicotine...more addictive than heroine!!!