Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Confirmed? Stormtroopers are CLONES!!!

I just received my new issue of "Insider" yesterday. I was perusing the pages for the "A New Hope" card encyclopedia. I noticed on ALL of the STORMTROOPER cards, their classification reads: "Ground- Imperial Clone Stormtrooper"!!!

Do we go with the cards as canon or do we wait to see what Lucas says on the issue??? I thought about putting this in the "CARDS" section, but it really relates to the films-- I think.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Well, Decipher's cards were pretty much totally canon. So, I would have to say that these likely are also. So I guess that settles the argument, as to whether or not Stormies are clones. Thanks for the info, JEDIpartnr. Anyone with the issue, care to scan and post a picture of the card?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

That doesn't mean they're clones of Jango though.

I doubt they are, since I know I recall reading in the Visual Dictionary or one of the other books that the DNA that is used for cloning is only good for a few hundred thousand clones before the sample is exhausted. Now that Jango's dead, they don't have a fresh specimin to get the DNA from. So maybe the Stormies in the OT are infact clones of clones, which could explain why they are stupider and worse shots in the OT, then they are in the PT.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Re: Confirmed? Stormtroopers are CLONES!!!

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    I just received my new issue of "Insider" yesterday. I was perusing the pages for the "A New Hope" card encyclopedia. I noticed on ALL of the STORMTROOPER cards, their classification reads: "Ground- Imperial Clone Stormtrooper"!!!

Do we go with the cards as canon or do we wait to see what Lucas says on the issue??? I thought about putting this in the "CARDS" section, but it really relates to the films-- I think.
    I noticed the word "ground" in there. I guess this doesn't necessarily mean that Tie Fighter pilots are clones.

I wouldn't be surprised if the TIE Fighter pilots end up being clones as well, if this whole story is true. After all, there are Clonetroopers that are specifically trained as pilots. And their suits have similarities as well. Guess that means we might be able to throw the AT-AT drivers in there as well.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper

Well, that would help explain Princess Leia's line when she says, "Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" If they were indeed clones, then height would be uniform for all of them...

...however, we have seen Stormtroopers of different size, particularly when Old Ben is disabling the Tractor Beam over the chasm. So, they could be clones, but various hosts would account for varying sizes. Not an intelligent move, on the part of the Imperials, as creating two size versions of armor wouldn't be cost efficient, but nobody ever said that they cared about that. The unbelievable cost of the Star Destroyers alone prove...er, uh,...suggest that.

The requested scan...

I was also thinking the Decipher cards were pretty much canon... especially since that Lucasfilm got all crazy over the "Yoda Statue" debacle from a couple years back.

Anyhow... here's a scan of three cards and the header of the centre one enlarged.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stormtroopers a.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	52.6 KB 
ID:	4270  
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Wow, I like the design of the new cards alot more then the old Decipher ones. Though I wonder if they will be as obscure with the charecters as Decipher was. The Decipher sets that had cards from the Cantina and Jabba's Palace were great refrence materials for charecter names and pictures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Perhaps not all the Stormtroopers are clones. The majority may be clones but there may be the odd volunteer. This would explain the differing sizes and voices.

Perhaps something would be done with them in the Archival Editions.

I'm glad there is finaly some word on the issue though .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection