Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Starfighter......

.....Are out!!!!!! Snagged me one of each from Target at Rich. Sq. Mall. There's one of each left behind. Be forwarned, the boxes are flimsy, so be thankful if you get a mint, no-crease box.

Opened the Hailfire Droid, nice. A little small from what I expected, but clearly one of the best likeness in what vehicles Hasbro's made so far. The hoop wheels work just like in the movie. There are 8 firing missiles on top half and 8 non-firing at the bottom half of each launchers. 32 missiles altogether. A small gun attaches at the front of the machine. Comes w/ a booklet of short stories and catalog combined.
    Same booklet is also w/ the Fighter. But I left this one unassembled. Too excited w/ the Droid. Will mess with this later. From what I can see, it looks like a long version of the EU Cloud Car, only shaped like a double dagger. The wingless pilot has a non-removable breathmask, with a tube that goes in a tiny hole on the cockpit dash. Oh, and the side panels of the bottom half fires 2 missiles, in addition to the middle launcher. It's pretty cool how the panels are concealed.
    One note on the Droid's launcher. Some of the missiles might self-fire after some time, so if you're missing one, don't panic. Just look around the room because the Droid tried to shoot at something.
    Good luck and good hunting.

Here we go, one more time today......

Found the second Saga Scenes this afternoon at Target in U.S.75 at Plano. Snagged 1 War Room #2 and 1 Jedi Council #2. Now I want the first ones to connect to these two. Left 1 of each behind as usual.

Without even opening the packs, I can tell these figures are well-made. However, looking closer, I noticed some subtleties in them.

Depa Billaba: Most disturbing clue I noticed is the similarity w/ Bespin Gown Leia's head. I don't know, maybe its the hair. But I swear, they could've used the same head sculpt for this figure.
    Q-Tip Master: He's supposed to be in a bigger scale than this, but oh,well.
    Yaddle: Looks like Yoda to me. No difference.
    Argente Passel: With his crooked smirk and prominent nose, he Looks more like Han Solo than any of all the Solo figures. This one is Spinach Dipped Han alien.
    Nute Gunray: Same EP1 figure, different headgear and cloak. Still a good figure.
    Shu Mai: Looks like an Oriental appetizer...Ewwww......With some funny looking hooves, I hope she stands up pretty good. I love the gaudy colors, though.

We're starting get Clone Wars stuff more and more. And it looks like Target stores are stocking them frequently compared to Wal-mart or TRU. But surely, all the main stores will stock them all later on. Good luck hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by fishyfett
    My fellow DFW collectors. I found 2 Clone 3-pack w/ greentrooper and 1 jedi 3-pack onbase (NAS/JRB, Ft. Worth) during my USAF Reserves tour there. I picked up the greentrooper and left the other 2.

If anyone of you DFW fans are still looking for either Jedi or Green clone 3-packs, please let me know. Since I don't see too many military folks collecting SW, those two might still be there when I come back Monday. They're $9.85 ea. And no sales tax!! So, let me know and we'll hook up together somewhere in Ft. Worth. Or if you live in the Dallas area, I can meet you here as well. Later.
    I for one could use the three pack of troopers. I've not had any success finding much in the Arlington area. I'm planning to check out Target tomorrow though. They seem to be the best bet. I am still seeking many of the latest Saga figures from Ephant Mon forward so I'd appreciate any heads up. Also can't seem to find the Spider Droid anywhere. Glad to hear the Hailfiire is out though.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Quote Originally Posted by JediCole
    I for one could use the three pack of troopers. I've not had any success finding much in the Arlington area. I'm planning to check out Target tomorrow though. They seem to be the best bet. I am still seeking many of the latest Saga figures from Ephant Mon forward so I'd appreciate any heads up. Also can't seem to find the Spider Droid anywhere. Glad to hear the Hailfiire is out though.
    Anyone else???? Like what other saga figures???
    The Spider Droid's been out for awhile in Targets. I guess people started buying them to army-build their Federation flotilla. But I swear, they sat on the shelves for a long time because most of them have ruined packagings and people tend to leave them alone that way. I'll keep watch for you on this one.

In Mckinney this weekend -- I found the following:

Anthony Daniels figure
    Anakin Secret Ceremony
    Jedi Councel #2
    Jedi Droids 2 pack
    Han Solo Hoth (still blue vest)
    Chewbacca mynock
    Dexters Bar maid ??

There were no ships of any kind -- not yet.

Still have not seen any of the clone troopers, jedi knights, or Clone Wars figures -- just a matter of time I guess...

Are we all going to the Dallas Comic Show on Oct 25-26??
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......

At the Target on Eastchase Parkway (Arlington) I saw the Geonosian Pod ship and two Hailfire Droids. I picked up one of the HF Droids for my personal collection. It is a pretty cool piece when all put together!

Also found ONE Clone Wars Yoda Figure bonus pack (with Clone Trooper) at the Wal-Mart on the other side of I-30.

Mrs. JediCole and I will be at the Dallas ComiCon in Plano and Wizard World Texas in Arlington. Drop by and say hello!

Also, I'm still seeking almost all the other new figures from about Ephant Mon forward for my personal collecton! A special thanks to DingoDad for picking up a few of them for me.
    Last edited by JediCole; 09-17-2003 at 01:44 PM.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Quote Originally Posted by JediBoulton
    In Mckinney this weekend -- I found the following:...

Can you be a wee bit more specific as to where you got these?

Saga Scenes Wave 1

And I thought I'd have to order these online...

I found the second wave before I'd even seen these 2 sets. Of all the figures, Poggle the Lesser is the coolest one. He's very detailed and just about the right size. Looks just like him in the movie. Count Dooku, well, he's probably the same one in the AOTC card. At least he comes w/ a big sucker...... . San Hill, he's kinda small and too human-like to be an alien species. Not too imposing as Poggle.

Mace Windu's cool w/ the cloth robe. At least he looks comfortable sitting down. Finally a sitting Mace!!! Oppo, just like Yarael in the 2nd wave, looks too small compared to his movie version. Here's Hasbro's cost-cutting method at work. Even Piell is just plain nice. Right scale and depiction, up to his scarred eye. Watch out, Yoda. There's meaner-looking short Jedi in town, and he's got a topknot!!!!!

All in all, these are nice sets. It gives us a chance to complete some of the memorable scenes in Episodes I and II. Give us some more please. :happy:

Fishyfett,
    You had offered to get me one of those Clone Trooper sets but I was wondering how to get it from you. Naturally Mrs. JediCole and I will be at the Dallas ComiCon in October for the entire weekend. I could get them then if that is all right. I am also still seeking the second Geonosian War Room and both Jedi Council sets for my personal collection if anyone can get them for me or at least point me in their direction.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by JediCole
    Fishyfett,
    You had offered to get me one of those Clone Trooper sets but I was wondering how to get it from you. Naturally Mrs. JediCole and I will be at the Dallas ComiCon in October for the entire weekend. I could get them then if that is all right. I am also still seeking the second Geonosian War Room and both Jedi Council sets for my personal collection if anyone can get them for me or at least point me in their direction.
    Thanks!
    I believe my Target in Mckinney still had these set's. I have not seen the first sets at all -- but I have seend both #2 sets at Target.
    JediBoulton --
    Collecting SW Since 1978. -- Still going strong......