Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Star Wars: Unleashed - Wave 4!!??

GalacticHunter is reporting what figures will likely make up Unleashed Wave 4. Though, I think it should be Wave 5 actually. Because wasn't Slave Leia and Yoda supposed to be out in Wave 4?

Unleashed Wave 4
    Reported by Mike

The next wave of Star Wars Unleashed figures are revealed to be Luke Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Darth Sidious. The figures, showing our favorite Star Wars heroes and villains in a more dynamic and extreme style, are planned for an early 2003 release. We'll make sure to pass on more details as we learn more.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I can see an Unleashed Emperor, but not an Unleashed Sidious. Certainly Lucasfilm didn't authorize an interpretation with a lightsaber, and other threads have highly favored a Sith Lightning pose.

Yeah, I can't really visualize what they could do if they base it on Sidious from E1/E2. Maybe they slapped the name "Darth Sidious" on it, and it's going to be "Emperor Palpatine." I guess time will tell on this one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Will Hasbro ever get it right? Maybe at the end.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

How can you even say Hasbro got it wrong? We don't have confirming pictures, much less any info outside of the names right now.

I was thinking that it's very possible that the Slave Leia and Yoda may be a wave 5 release. As Hasbro seems to be wanting to stagger the releases out.

Wave 1: Darth Maul and Jango Fett w/ Boba Fett
    Wave 2: Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, and Padme Amidala
    Wave 3: Count Dooku, and Mace Windu

So wave 4 would likely be 3 figures, just like wave 2 was. Hopefully someone will have more info on the assortment later this week.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JJB, do you work for Hasbro or know someone that does, becauce you defend them like you do. Hasbro s c r e w s stuff up all the time.
    (Like my posts)

Hasbro doesn't screw anything up, any more then any other company does. It's just noticed more and complained about more, because Star Wars fans seem to be a very very picky and hard to please fan base. I just think it's a tad early to start moaning and complaining about somthing that you haven't even seen yet.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Come on JJB, for the amount of money they make on us and all the kids in the world, they need to clean up their act. Give us what we want and they will make ever more $$$$. I'm not trying to fight with you, I just think they could do better, don't get me wrong they do well with many things, but there's always room for improvement. With this I'm sure the names will be switched and we will get a PAPY, but why mess up at the get go? That's just me.
    (Like my posts)

Well, it could be worse. They could be pulling a Mattel, and repainting main charecters and inserting them as chase figures into the line. Or they could pull a Playmates, and make limited edition figures that were limited to only 1138. So when it comes to intelligent business practices, I'll take Hasbro any day.

As for the Sidious thing, thats only coming thru GalacticHunter's sources. Maybe the guy that delivered the information saw Emperor Palpatine, and just called it Darth Sidious because they don't know any better. With E2 fresh in everyones mind, and the fact that EP and DS look exactly the same, it could be a simple mix-up.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Or this just may be LucasFilm's way of finally officially confirming that Darth Sidious and Palpatine are one and the same person. Granted, it's a strange place to confirm such a thing. But check the thread over in the Classic Trilogy forum about the Stormtroopers being ID'd as clones on the new Decipher cards. That was an unlikely place to possibly confirm new information as well too, but it's there on the cards.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm