Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

South Korean dies in marathon game session

A 24-year-old South Korean man dies after 86 hours of straight gaming without food or sleep.

According to an Associated Press report, South Korean police said today that a man has died after an 86-hour gaming marathon. The incident occurred at an Internet café in a town 160 miles southwest of Seoul, where the man, who was unemployed, had been "virtually glued" to a computer since Friday, skipping sleep and meals. The man collapsed near the café's counter and was later found dead in the restroom. Many Internet cafés in South Korea are open 24 hours a day.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Hehehheheh. He was probably trying to beat UT2003.

Man, I would be dead tired if I did that.......
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Geeez guys. Maybe you should write all those oh-so-witty comments down and send them to the guys family. I'm sure they'd make them feel better about the death of their son.

Boba Rhett, someone stupid enough to forget to eat and sleep, who ends up dieing because he's obsessed with computer gaming deserves to be laughed at. Sure, it's morbid humor, but when isn't utter stupidy funny. On a lighter note, this guy's a shoe in for the Darwin Award this year.

For those that don't know, Darwin Awards: "The Darwin Awards honor those who improve our gene pool by removing themselves from it in really stupid ways. We commemorate those who gave their all, adding a dose of chlorine to the pool."

http://www.darwinawards.com

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Maybe I will, do you have the address?
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Alright, there is no need to get into an argument over this.

The real sad thing about this story is that it isn't the first time I have heard of this happening. I've heard of this happening on at least three other occasions.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

I loooooooove video games. I could play them 20 hours a day.

BUT......I hae never once, not wanted to take a toilet break, and a hot pockets break.

I mean, no game is THAT good.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Or maybe you would have hot pockets because you did not take a bathroom break!
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

I don't know QLD, have you ever played UT2003? That game is seriously, the best game ever made. No competition. At all. In the least. Doom III? Um...NO.