TRU Clears 'em Out!!

Last night, I was at my local TRU (Staten Island, NY) and as far as figures go...almost nothing! Half of the racks have been cleared all that was left was a few figures (maybe 15 altogether) including HD Anakin, Yoda and two Darth Mauls that were hidden. Looks like TRU has also opted to get rid of their pegwarming figures in lieu of newer stock!

Well, since TRU is the one with the exclusive Silver R2 which requires a Star Wars purchase, I'm sure what you witnessed was the clearing of the old stock to make room for the new stock.

Plus, I'm sure the Wal-Mart memo posted by Dar'Argol (however you spell it) holds true for TRU and pretty much all other retails who Hasbro wants to put new stuff out.

J

I'll have to go to TRU soon to find out if they've done that yet at mine. I swear, if I see one Zam Wessell Bounty Hunter there I'm gonna hurl!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

There was a report back a week or so ago that Toys R Us was ordering stores to send back all of their pegwarming figures (I'm not sure if it was just a certain wave--such as the Kit Fisto wave) to clear some room for the newer waves of figures.

Last week I went to a TRU for the first time in a couple weeks, and while the Kit Fisto wave was warming up the pegs as usual, they had put a new bin and filled it chock full with the new figures (Lott Dodd, Darth Maul, Anakin TA, etc).

Now it looks like Wal-Mart is doing something similar. I guess this means that somewhere down the line, we are going to see a massive amount of figures show up on clearance.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

Last week I went to TRU and noticed a bunch of new figs and the other day, they had pegs full of Padme pilot & Jango Pilot & TA Anakin, & DM; I figured they'd show up eventually, but I didn't expect to see that many!
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

Newer figures have yet to hit my TRU or Wal-Mart stores. Hopefully they'll put out new figures soon. The Silver R2 should be showing up soon.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

On Saturday I noticed the Reek was on clearance for around 7 dollars at TRU, and I had the same experience as LBC with full bins of new figs.

For a whole 4.99.
    The 25th anniversary 2 packs are 9.99 and thats the only deal i see.
    I hate how all the Toys R us's remodeled and they have toys stacked to the ceiling, LITERALLY!