Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question Should I open them all?

I have every single figure from 1995 onwards carded. I don't have enough space to hang them on the wall, but I do have enough space to open them and display them in the spare room. At the moment they are all in a box in th attic.

Do I open them, or should I consider collecting a duplicate set to display?

Open them, you'll have more fun with them, posing and playing with your hobby.

But open them all at once, or you'll develop an addiction to the smell of new plastic.

Release them from thier plastic prison!

open every last one all at once and make a big mess like it was sixteen christnmases rolled into one, have a play with all those little former prisoners and enjoy them the way they were meant to be enjoyed.

I used to be a carded collector, but I opened them and was never happier

That's completely your call, Gimp. It all depends on what YOUR goals are with YOUR collection. If, like some here, you still play with toys, open them all! If, like some here, you don't play with toys, but like to pose them all action-like, open the ones you'd like to make action scenes with. If, like some here, you don't play with toys, but collect because you like Star Wars and like possessing the products, keep them carded. If, like some here, you collect them because you think they will put your kids through college, open them all

First of all, you need to decide what it is you want out of your collection. Listen to nobody but you and do as you decide.

J

We need an 'Action Figure Counseling' Forum for problems like this. JF, you could moderate.

"This is Doctor JangoFart. I'm listening..."

Originally posted by JangoFart
    If, like some here, you collect them because you think they will put your kids through college, open them all
    Couldn't have said it BETTER!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
    "This is Doctor JangoFart. I'm listening..."
    I LIKE IT! (Said in my best Robocop badguy voice)

J

Open them all, but make sure you save the Jedi Master Points! Don't Forget Them! They will have a use! I swear! Soon! AAH!
    Powdered Toast Man!