Here is the information I have gotten out of the computer at work today. I ran across it by accident. It was hidden in with the "Big Book" information. Here is what I have, direct from TRU Corp:
Guests receive the silver anniversary R2D2 figure with a $19.99 purchase of HASBRO star wars product.
1. signage will be delivered with the "Big Book" signage kit.
2. place next to star wars action figures pegs.
3. Guest will go to Customer Service with their receipt and recieve 1 R2D2 silver anniversary figure. Product does not need to be scanned out SKN 632433 $.01 retail.
4. Figures MUST be stored behind the service desk.
5. ONLY ONE FIGURE PER GUEST.
6. once stores are out of figure, remove feature card.
This is what I can also tell you, there seems to be around 7000 pcs per region. This means that each store will get between 50 and 100 pcs. I am not sure if there will be more sent to TRU or if this will be it. Also the way I read it is that you can get only one per purchase. If you want more, you'll have to buy a Hasbro SW toy over $19.99, get your free R2, leave the stNewore and then come back in and do it all over again to get another one. It is going to be fun for sure. Also, no stores in the USA have the figure. They are all sitting in the regional warehouse's.
You can thank Underdog for the great news.