Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boss Nass

Boss Nass

This may be a silly question, but is Boss Nass a different species than the Gungans? What's the deal with him?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

He's a different species of Gungan, but I can't think of what type of Gungan he is off the top of my head. I'll try and dig up the info from somewhere .

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Here's what the SW.com databank says about Nass:

Unlike most of the Gungans in Otoh Gunga, Nass is of the old Ankura lineage, denoted by his green skin and hooded eyes.
    PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Cool, thanks Pendo. I saw something about Boss Nass in another thread. It got me thinking....I don't remember seeing any other green Gungans in the movie.

Originally posted by Rogue II
    Cool, thanks Pendo. I saw something about Boss Nass in another thread. It got me thinking....I don't remember seeing any other green Gungans in the movie.
    It would have been nice to see some more Gungans similar to Boss Nass. Then he wouldn't seem so out of place .

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Maybe he was sick.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

I just assumed gungans had common physical mutations. All the same species, yet can have a variety of bodily characteristics, like Tarpals and Nass showed.

And then he was also older and fatter than most gungans. So beyond the facial differnces, the body I assumed was Nass's own creation from overeating.

Same here. I just thought looked different because he was fat. I thought the green skin was just a different color. Jar Jar is orange. Tarpals is gray, the soldiers are tan, and Nass is green.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

Jar Jar, Tarpals, and all of the rest have a long "duck bill" type face,their eyes are raised on stalks, and long floppy ears. Boss Nass has a wide flat face, his eyes are not raised, and I don't see any ears on him. Basically, Boss Nass looks kind of like a frog, which is what caught my attention in the first place.

Boss Nass rules!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett