Thread: Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

I heard that there are only 10000 of the purple Snake Eyes figs being made. Then I heard 20000. Does anyone know the real total???? Is it more rare then the black version??? Everyone seems to have conflicting info....anyone know the real scoop??? I'm talking about the newer ones with the bands, like the "Old School" style.
    Has anyone seen the maroon Cobra Commander???? Or does anyone know which repaints are the most rare??
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Sorry, wish I could help, but unfortunatley I gave up on G.I.Joe when they got all funky, circa 1991-1992 and don't collect them anymore, except for the classic 80's line.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The production run on Snake-Eyes started out with the Purple highlights until someone yelled "Egads! Purple Snake Eyes eats!" and they retooled the line to make him come out cool black and classic. So only the first ones were Purple and the rest from now on will be black (until they decide they want him Red and Green for Christmas )

Maroon Cobra Commander? Euuch. I did see the 12" C.C. and he sucked pretty hard.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Yeah thats what I said when I saw when I saw the Maroon CC. I'll try to dig up the pic and post it.
    So we have 3 different Snake Eyes....one with out the rubber band body sytle then 2 more with the band body style..one purple and one black right???
    I picked both up..but..I do like the black much more. LOL your not kidding about the green and blue...LOL..I've seen so many repaints I dont know what I've bought and havent bought.

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I don't collect GI Joe, but I've been waiting for them to go on sale so I can use them for custom fodder(that cobra seal might make a good Sgt Doallyn). Anyway, I was at Target tonight and saw that they were on sale. I saw a Snake Eyes packaged with Cobra Commander. Snake Eyes was grey with some purple. He looked pretty cool and I considered buying him just for the heck of it, but I passed.

I also saw another GI Joe(Duke or Hawk) packaged with the same Cobra Commander. Didn't make much sense to me.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I saw 3 packs at K-Mart. One of the older 2-packs packed in with a third older figure in a clear bubble on the side. For instance...

Duke/Cobra Commander and then an Alley Viper slapped on with them. Quite a bargain if you are looking for the older figures for cheap.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

How much were they E.P?