View Poll Results: Are you dressing as a Star Wars Character for Halloween?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

58 36.71%
  • No

100 63.29%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Are you dressing as a Star Wars Character for Halloween?

This is a timely poll for October's bewitching holiday:

Who are you going as for Halloween?

Is it a store-bought, custom-ordered, or home-made costume?

What kinds of accessories are you carrying? (i.e. Parks Sabers, Master Replicas, Hasbro or Rubies weapons?)

Is this a costume you only recently got for Halloween 2002, or do you wear this costume to conventions like the Star Wars Celebrations?

Do you wear your costume within a group of friends who will dress as other Star Wars characters?

Can you post a picture of your 2002 Halloween? Let's collect them here!

From all of us at SirStevesGuide.com : HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I'm not dressing up for Halloween, if I did though, I probably wouldn't choose a Star Wars character to dress up as. I would probably go more for the D&D half-orc look, I've already got the face, all I need is the tusks and clothes.

I'm actually getting sick of seeing all the photos of fan made costumes out there, since most of them are total crap. Some people just have no common sense when choosing a character to dress up as, either. Like a pic I saw of a guy who couldn't have been lighter than 300 pounds in a nearly skin-tight flight suit, with this itty-bitty TIE Pilot helmet on. I mean, come on, look in the mirror before you go outside! My brother is building a TIE Pilot outfit, but he plans to lose some weight before he even thinks about wearing it in public. Wise move.

Anyways, my nephews are going as a Clonetrooper and Obi-Wan Kenobi for Halloween. My brother bought them costumes from Wal-Mart.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah, I'm going as a Stormtrooper again this year. I think it's the third time in a row, but after you pay almost $900 you don't really care how many Halloween's you use it. There are some disavantages to this armor though- like taking 1/2 an hour to put it on, replacing velcro straps, polishing the armor, trying to get in and out of my Corvette, driving the Vette, and trying not to guzzle down too many beers- EVER TRY TAKING A LEAK WHILE WEARING A STORMTROOPER COSTUME? I'll post some pics later on during the week!!- and no, not of me demonstrating on how to take a leak in a Stormtrooper costume.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

Why didn't you vote 'yes' in the poll, jedihunter25?

Where did you get your stormtrooper outfit from?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Why didn't you vote 'yes' in the poll, jedihunter25?

Where did you get your stormtrooper outfit from?
    I've been having trouble with voteing in the polls the last couple weeks- I even started a thread on it for myself and others on how to correct this problem but no luck yet .

As far as my Stormtrooper costume- I bought it off of Ebay for around $600 ($525,$30 for neck piece +$75 s/h) three years ago. That was just for the armor. I had to buy the boots ($125), gloves, gun, black body suit, paint, and accessories to put it together. I think the guy I bought it from has his own website- costumejunkie.com He also has Darth Vader parts too.
    But I was going to Tosche Station to pick up some Star Wars figures!!!

I added your vote manually. I don't know why you are having trouble voting. I have had trouble getting e-mail notification that someone has responded to a thread I've subscribed to. I don't get those anymore - ever since we changed our hosting server for the forums.

Meanwhile, I guess you shouldn't drink alcohal - or water and soda (which will also go through you quickly) while wearing stormtrooper armor. The costume's worth much more than the six-pack.

Meanwhile, you also shouldn't drink and drive, especially drink and drive a corvette while wearing stormtrooper armor! If you think the police will punish you for not being safe this Halloween - just imagine what the Empire will do to you!

*This message wasn't directed towards JediHunter specifically, but to everyone in hoping they have a safe Halloween so that they can return to the boards and WANT to post their pictures up here!
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think I was Darth Vader for Halloween back in 77 or 78, but I haven't dressed up like a Star Wars character since. I was almost Han Solo one year, but decided to go as Paul Stanley instead.

There are some large fanboys that should really consider what they wear in public. When I saw ATOC in the theater, there were some 300+ pounders wearing Jedi attire carrying toy lightsabers. They looked silly.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

3 Times

Luke and Chewy (the old plasticc costumes , wish I had saves them) and once a home made darth vadert, cardboard helmet and all.

However, I would dress as a stormtrooper if I had the armor, but I just can't bring myself to spend the $$$$.

Also, If yo uare a fat guy, you should only go as porkins! That is it. I don't want to see any more "ooze" coming out from between stormtrooper armor.

Originally posted by bigbarada

I'm actually getting sick of seeing all the photos of fan made costumes out there, since most of them are total crap. Some people just have no common sense when choosing a character to dress up as, either. Like a pic I saw of a guy who couldn't have been lighter than 300 pounds in a nearly skin-tight flight suit, with this itty-bitty TIE Pilot helmet on. I mean, come on, look in the mirror before you go outside! My brother is building a TIE Pilot outfit, but he plans to lose some weight before he even thinks about wearing it in public. Wise move.
    HILARIOUS!

I know what you are talking about! I think sometimes starwars actually ruins the brains of some folk to the point that they actually think they live in "a galaxy far, far away!" and therefore forget all other common sense traits, like a "quick look in the mirror" to check for human presentability. I'm one for "each to their own" but sometimes people are just ASKING FOR IT!!!!!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I plan on going to the Darkside this year. I am going to be the Emperor.

I normally dress as a Jedi. My fiancee made the costume for me for the EPI premiere and I use it for convention and my local SW club's meetings and activites.

Technically I won't be wearing the costume on Halloween but rather for the AOTC premiere at the Pittsburgh IMAX. My club has the honor along with the 501st of "sponsoring" the premiere. Basically we will be ticket takers, security, giving away the #0 Bantha Tracks give-away. (yes that's the freebie, confirmed), taking pictures among other fun things.

I am a tentative (squire) member of the 501st (The club into Imperial costuming) and with my arrival as the Emperor will be officially inducted as a full member.

My fiancee instead will wear my Jedi robes and either be a Twi Lek Jedi or a Zabrak Jedi. Not sure but since time is running out I think the Zabrak will be the easiest.

I am fully into the costuming thing and feel it's just another facet of SW life that helps me bond closer to it and other fans.

Happy Halloween, MTFBWY!
    Move along, move along