Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Question How much will be compromised for the fan's tastes.

I wonder how much of EPS 3 is going to be GL's own personal wants and how much he will put in "because the fan's want to see it." Like Vader emerging. I have talked to a number of fans around my area that feel that if Vader is placed in the film too early that it wouldn't be a true EPS 3. Somewhat like having EPS 2 taking place during the heat of the CLONE WARS. Each episode takes place over just a few days so the only way an episode fits into the big screen is one LARGE major event and its resolution takes place at the end.

EPS 4- Destruction of Death Star 1
    EPS 5- Rebel Alliance escapes almost near complete destruction.
    EPS 6- Destruction of Death Star 2

EPS 1- Trade Federation defeated or (from the perspective of the OT) Palpitine elected Chancelor. (AKA) Sidious' first phase of his ultimate plan.

EPS 2- Beginning of the Clone Wars/Sidious' second phase of his ultimate plan.
    EPS 3- (Hopefully with the pattern of the previous 5) the birth of Vader and the Empire.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Actually, Empire Strikes Back is more then a few days time. It's estimated to be around 6 weeks atleast, possible much more. Since Luke spent quite a lot of time training with Yoda that wasn't shown. Most people think it's only a couple days, because there isn't an obvious sign of how much time passes during the film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    Actually, Empire Strikes Back is more then a few days time. It's estimated to be around 6 weeks atleast, possible much more. Since Luke spent quite a lot of time training with Yoda that wasn't shown. Most people think it's only a couple days, because there isn't an obvious sign of how much time passes during the film.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    So Han, Chewie, and Leia hid in the asteroid field for appox. 6 weeks? It did seem the Empire had been looking for them for a day or 2, but it's hard to imagine them being there for more than a week.

Remember that they did not have lightspeed and the trip to Bespin took some time.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Yep, the whole asteroid chase and hide, then the trip to Bespin without lightspeed took up some time. I wish that they would answer exactly how much on the official site. I've never seen them even address the question. Hopefully Lucas will say somthing in the ESB audio commentary, when the OT is finally released on DVD.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, you got to remember that Han didn't have lightspeed. And Fett had enough time to follow Han, find out where he was going, inform Vader, have enough time for Vader and a sqaudron of troops, TIEs etc get to Bespin, talk to Lando, etc...

A lot goes on in ESB that we don't see.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
    Remember that they did not have lightspeed and the trip to Bespin took some time.
    Yup, your right, didn't think about that. When Lando says "They arrived just before you did" made me think that the Empire would have gotten there within a few hours, but maybe they waited till they knew for sure that was where the Falcon was going before heading there themselves. When the Falcon was a half a day away then the Empire went?

This is to get back on topic:

I hope that Hayden getting into the Vader suit - his scarred face apparent - WILL NEVER BE SHOWN!

See the Dooku: Sith or Jedi ally thread for the reasons. Everyone in this thread is pretty much the same group in the other one.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by Tycho

I hope that Hayden getting into the Vader suit - his scarred face apparent - WILL NEVER BE SHOWN!
    I think that if it isn't shown, it would defeat the purpose of why the prequels were made to begin with.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I really hope Anakin is not shown getting into the Vader costume. It would totally ruin the surprise in EPV.