Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Two Towers Aragorn Rip-Off

Has anybody else seen the new Two Towers toys? Especially the Aragorn toy.

Well if you haven't let me enlighten you.

It's the EXACT same thing as the Fellowship toy, except in the red packaging. Exact.

WTF? This toy sucked the big one, the first time around, and its sucks twice as much the second time around. Why can't they make a new mold, or least retool it a little?

I'm still waiting for a damn good Aragorn
    Powdered Toast Man!

I hear ya Prince Xizor. I've only seen the first wave of the Two Towers figures. They are impressive as hell. The quality is beyond amazing. Toy Biz definatly excedded my expectations of them. I havn't seen the Aragorn figure but I've heard it's the same as the Fellowship version. Which sucks but I'm sure we'll get another version a little down the road. I've head they just re-tooled and repackaged Saruman the White also. But Saurman is cool so they can repackage him as often as they'd like.

"Tell me old friend. When did Saruman the wise trade wisdom for madness?" - Gandalf
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Hopefully the Saruman the White figure is actually white this time, instead of the light grey and tan that the original figure was. I hunted that figure for a long time, and when I finally found it, I was disapointed.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I have the new Saruman figure, Jar. I don't have the first one, but my friend (who does have it) tells me its the same exact thing as the Fellowship one except with differant accessories. Sorry...
    Powdered Toast Man!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Aragorn with Brego is the one to pick up. I, too have been unimpressed with the Aragorns up until this point, but I saw one at Target yesterday and its very nice.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Man! Toybiz kicked big booty with the new TTT figs, didn't they? I had sworn off collecting them when the first ones came out. Now, with the new TTT figs, I am scrambling to get the FOTR figs before they disappear or get relinquished to Ebay for 50.00 per. Too bad I am a completeist. The TTT figs made the cheesy FOTR figs worth having.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

Darth Cruel- How were the FOTR figures cheesey? Just curious! I found them back last November and immediately picked them up. They were great. You might wanna check various Wal-marts cause they JUST got their FOTR stuff in, only about 10 months late!!!

I'm doing pretty well on the TTT figures so far. I ordered about 80 bucks worth off etoys and i found the first 4 a few weeks back. I think once i find Gandalf and King Theoden, everything else will be relatively easy. I just got a gut feeling those are going to be a huge pain to get. Happy Hunting!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Yeah, Theoden and Gandalf. Those are 2 I want the most, and the 2 I have yet to find.

Actually I want the Gandalf with his Horse, that toy just looks Awesome.

And EP, I picked up the Aragorn with Brego just yesterday, and you are right, it is the one to get. The cloth cape is cool, Articulation is O.K. and his sword rules. I am thinking of getting the single pack Aragorn just so I can have the accessories for the Aragorn that I have.
    Powdered Toast Man!

Re: Two Towers Aragorn Rip-Off

Originally posted by Prince Xizor
    Has anybody else seen the new Two Towers toys? Especially the Aragorn toy.

Well if you haven't let me enlighten you.

It's the EXACT same thing as the Fellowship toy, except in the red packaging. Exact.

WTF? This toy sucked the big one, the first time around, and its sucks twice as much the second time around. Why can't they make a new mold, or least retool it a little?

I'm still waiting for a damn good Aragorn
    WOW!!! a star wars collector, on a star wars forum, who actually wants resculpts. this, i think, is a first.

I just picked up Eomer the other night at Toys 'R Us. The sculpting is excellent on Eomer. In fact, all of the figures are sculpted well except for Aragorn. The face just doesn't look right at all. I think a neutral, closed mouth might have worked better on the Aragorn figure.

But overall, "The Two Towers" figures are nicely done!
    "Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?"