Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Winona's First Day at TRIAL!

Defense claims: Over zealous security guards harrassed her

Prosecution claims: She's a thief, shoplifting over 6 thousand dollars worth of merchandise.

You be the judge.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

from the start, this whole case has baffeled me. one question i have is why would a millionaire steal? is her life that boring? is she insane? but on the other hand, if the evidence were strong against her, she probably would of cut a deal for probation before a trial started. based on the fact that her lawyers were willing to go to trial, i say she will be found innocent. if she is really innocent, though, we'll probably never know.

Originally posted by derek
    one question i have is why would a millionaire steal?
    Shoplifting rarely is done for necessity but for the act of getting something free/power trip. She did it because of the thrill not because she couldn't afford the stuff.

Guilty Guilty Guilty...
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Originally posted by Exhaust Port

Shoplifting rarely is done for necessity but for the act of getting something free/power trip. She did it because of the thrill not because she couldn't afford the stuff.

Guilty Guilty Guilty...
    yea, i've heard she has actually been banned from other "high dollar" stores in california. she's got to be pretty bad to get banned from a store.

it seems to me the last thing those kind of stores would want to do is p-off their rich customers, so they really have to think she was stealing from them. but i still think she will be found not guilty. batman/beetlejuice producer jon peters is on the jury. technically he was her one time boss!
    Last edited by derek; 10-28-2002 at 11:05 PM.

I heard that prosecutors are not interested nor have they offered any sort of deal. I'm really wondering how strong the evidence is. My first thought is that the evidence is so damaging that they know they will get a conviction but on the other hand a jury trail can go either way no matter how much or less evidence you have. Her defence team is not backing down and neither is the prosecuters so who knows. I cant judge because I dont know the facts..I quess we will have to see what happens.

I just read about the jury to Derek....I couldnt believe that. How can he be impartial?
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

This whole ordeal could have been avoided if derek would not have jinxed it by changing from his Winona Ryder avatars!

Winona is cute.
    -GO WINGS!!!!!!

"Be excellent to each other, and....PARTY ON DUDES!!!"

Screw "cute", she's HOT!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

She's a little to "fragile" for my tastes.

Not that I wouldn't......

But she isn't that high on the list.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

If the clothes do not fit, then you must acquit!

I rest my case.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.