Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wampa

Wampa

Anybody got more info on this wampa (picture) ?
    I got the image from some sw site a few years (3-4) ago (can't remember where) where it was in the database listed as POTF2 wampa
    the original picture included luke hoth (the one included in the actual wampa set) but I cut the picture and deleted the original too some years ago (don't know why)

is it a custom? or a prototype? I have no idea so some help would be hot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wampa.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	4318  
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

That was the original prototype for the Wampa toy that came out during POTF2. I don't know why they changed it, I think that version looks cool. It doesn't really look much like the wampa from the movie, is likely the reason why. I still have the full picture with Luke on my computer. This is the reason that Hasbro no longer likes to show prototypes, things can change between the prototype and the final version.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

thanx for the info JJB
    could you maybe post that original pic with luke?
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

Sure, here it is. Lucky I keep intresting pictures like this, for just this sort of thing. I wouldn't mind seeing it released, but it is kinda a EU version of the Wampa. Since they don't look that way in the movie. Hmm, seems I've uploaded it before. Oh well, here's the link.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...&postid=108749

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

thanx for the pic
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

request for information:

well actually it's a piccie i seek. Does anyone have a Wampa loose that they could take a digi pic off and post, preferably with a Tauntaun or something next to it so i can get a sense of scale. Only i just ordered me one of these HTF items and i haven't a blessed idea what size it is or what it, in all actuality, looks like. I've seen proto pics and I've seen boxed pics and I've seen hasbro loose pics but never an actual in yer hand bought at retail one. Any help here would be hot. Thank you.

I'll try to remember to take a pic of my WAMPA! this evening. I'll make sure a Tauntaun or Luke or something is in the pic to show the size.

I've been meaning to take some pics of my collection anyway.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Here's my version. Vintage Wampa and Tauntaun are on the left for comparison. Newer versions on the right.

Name:	hoth.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	4641  

thanks for that, ids that waist articulation anything to do with the swinging arm action? Looks a bit wide doesn't it? Big beastie though. I thought maybe the hasbro pics were just making it seem bigger to bolster sales but obviously not. The head looks pretty cool, makes the vintage one look like a teddy bear or something. Gotta love the kitty cat pointy ears on that.

There's a rumored Wampa attack screen scene for next year and I assume it'll include the Wampa. Now that'll be based on the special edition version probably like this POTF one. So my guess is that it'll be either the cut scene where the Wampa attacks the rebel base and it'll include some rebel soldier sculpt and R2 acting as bait or it'll be the Wampa and Luke in the Wampa's lair because the only other attack would have to include a Tauntaun which would make the set massive - too massive for those screen scene things I reckon.
    I only mention that here because I think it's interesting to compare the Wampa sculpts and hypothesise about what comes next for it. Wouldn't it be cool if they made it real hair like the Bantha? Big shaggy Wampa and a cowering Luke.... actually that makes me think that maybe the attack is the other way round and it'll be Luke attacking the Wampa and cutting the arm off.... hmmmmmmm.....

But yeah, thanks mucho for the piccie, that makes it much easier to visualise how it'll fit into my set up.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Wouldn't it be cool if they made it real hair like the Bantha? Big shaggy Wampa and a cowering Luke.... actually that makes me think that maybe the attack is the other way round and it'll be Luke attacking the Wampa and cutting the arm off.... hmmmmmmm
    I do prefer this one to the others.

Name:	wampa.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	4643