Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Christopher Lee to be the next Dumbledore?

As most of you know, Richard Harris has just passed away... He will be fondly remembered by many, including myself. For those of you who like the Happry Potter movies, I heard that Christopher Lee may play Dumbledore! After Harris's death, I had though they should hire him. What do you think? I think he'd be a great Dumbledore, and he would live up to Harris's portrayal of him.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

That's currently a huge rumor, since casting for the 3rd movie hasn't even begun yet. Not to mention that Christopher Lee is not really the Dumbledore type. Frankly if they want someone with a similar look, as well as a quality charecter actor, then they should look no further then Sir Ian McKellan for the role.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I have to agree with you there, he just seems to forceful and powerful. I'm a Christopher Lee fan though, I suppose I am showing some partiality to him. But then again, he is an actor, he could make himself more Dumbledore-ish. I guess we'll just see...
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Christopher Lee needs time to work on Episode III in a few years, and not get caught up in Harry Potter.
    I, myself, love Harry Potter, the books are my favorites and the movie is my sixth favorite (guess what the first five are ). It was sad to hear of Richard's death. Ian McKellan has too big of a nose (kind of . . . ). I just remembered that Gandalf died in "Fellowship", so if he plays Albus in "Prisoner of Azkaban," it would not be too strange, because he would not be two bearded wizards at a time.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    What's with McKellan getting locked into the wizard typecasting?

I think Chritopher Lee could pull off the gentle yet Dumbledore, but I'd be afraid Lee would croak before the rest of the series was finished, then there'd be a stigma attached to the role and NOBODY would want to play Dumbledore. Rowlings would have to write him out of the books!

Anyway how about some other nominations?

Ben Kingsley?

Patrick Stewart?

Michael Caine?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I dunno, Sir Ian McKellan just screams Dumbledore to me for some reason. I know it seems like typecasting, but he does a damn good job playing a wizard. I can't really see anyone else in the role.

A couple people said Sean Connery the other day, but no thank you. No one else pops as distingushed enough for the role to me. Sir Anthony Hopkins is distingushed, but wrong for the part. Hmm, not sure who else would be around the right age that is a good actor.

What about Ian McDirmand. He's a pretty good charecter actor, and could always use a new breakout role. Plus he was pretty damn good as more refined and english in Sleepy Hollow. Yeah, that might be a good choice.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    they should look no further then Sir Ian McKellan for the role.
    That's who I was thinking about as he has a "kinder" more wizardly face than C. Lee
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Hmm, the story of Christopher Lee taking the role may actually turn out to be more then just rumor. His official website is confirming that he is in talks for to take over the role. I still say Sir Ian McKellan would be a better choice, but I'll keep an open mind. I am a huge Christopher Lee fan, ever since his Hammer Horror days.

http://christopherleeweb.com/showart...6&postid=17464

http://christopherleeweb.com/index.php?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I still think Christopher Walken would be Box Office GOLD!
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

hahahhahahahah Christopher Walken?!?!?!?!?? yeah, get the guy who is ALWAYS the evil character and scares little children to play Dumbledore?!??!! That's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

I don't think Lee is very Dumbledore friendly, he's too, I dunno, evil? You can't take the guy who played Dracula and then throw him into Dumbledore, it just wouldn't float. I'll go with McKellan for now.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"