Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    thanks to battledroid for the pic.

i'm not 100% sure this is the ceremonial leia head, but i'm thinking tycho is right. i've seen a trick that can be used to remove the "smile" off this barbie head, and i probably will do this.
    it involves removing the head, cutting the "teeth" out and glueing the mouth shut. a smiling leia bounty hunter is not the way i would of gone with this figure. so far, i think the previous leia/bousch head is better.

apparently the han/carbonite block is an all new sculpt. supposidly there is a button that can be pushed causing the block to "light up" simlulating han being freed from his carbon prison.

i would of rather had this release be a 2 pack with an all new han solo head sculpt, after he was unfrozen, along with the carbon block with no figure in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lb1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	4350  
    Last edited by derek; 10-30-2002 at 11:37 PM.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Why Hasbro do you curse every 12" female figure you make?!?!?!?!?!
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Wow! I've looked at the pics several times and they look awful!!!! Once again, I must ask, "What is the point of making exclusive figures if you are going to reissue them later?" (I have the first leia boushh and it rocks.)
    Also, why reissue a figure if you are going to make it worse than the original?!
    That barbie looks nothing like leia, and that carbonite block doesn't even look 3D.
    Oh well, once again time wasted that could have been spent making a totally new 12" figure.

Man, I don't know what to say. Hasbro please put your efforts into something new. If anything you should have just thrown the 1st release in a single Saga box and called it good. Like above, it would have been nice to see a Bib Fortuna or DS Gunner in her place. What ever, I have her in the KB 3 pack and I found her loose on ebay back then for about 20 bones. She is a very cool figure with the helmet on. That's it, just leave the helmet on! I would really like to see hasbro package her with the helmet on. Yeah right. They would say something like, kids wont know who she is. If that the case, a kid has know business buying SW crap in the 1st place. See now I got myself all charged up! LOL
    Last edited by Turbowars; 11-01-2002 at 05:27 PM.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

This is a perfect example of bad paint apps ruining an OK sculpt. The sculpt looks good to me, but the cheeseball eyelashes, big Barbie eyes, glossy lips, and Marie Osmond teeth turn this figure bad. I bet if you repaint this fig, it'll be way better.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

leia boussh

I guess I am the only one who really likes the leia boussh.
    I collect only leia 12 inch, padme dolls and i like the barbie doll look maybe cos i am girl I like them to look pretty. I did not collect the last leia boussh or hoth leia cos they are ugly butI can see where you are coming from.

I like the Barbie look when you can SEE most of them, and consequently bad joint edges: for example, Slave Leia from FAO Schwartz (with R2) is way better than the POTF2 boxed one. Look at the way they had to change the bikini straps just to fit on the larger body figure of the boxed one.

However, in her bounty hunter disguise, Leia doesn't need to have a Barbie body (and indeed, even in the new one she may not). All we know about the new Leia Boussh is that she comes with the Ceremony Leia's head. That figure in its Portrait Edition was a Barbie, however in a tight, and form-fitting dress, that was an appropriate choice.

If somebody wants to list the female figures in groups of who's a Barbie and who's not, we can debate the merits of each.

So far, I think they've made pretty good choices, and some terrible ones. Aurra Sing should NEVER have been a Barbie, for example. Zam Wessel is thankfully not.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

hey tycho,

one thing that gives the "barbie" body away in regards to the new bousch leia is the neck. it's long and skinny just like hasbros previous barbie neck figure releases.

in my opinion, barbie bodies are a horrible choice for a boys toy line. hasbro's mistake was trying to compete with matelle when they made all those episode 1 padme dolls. (beautiful braids padme, hidden disguise padme, etc...)

in regards to the portrait edition dolls, l can live with barbie bodies, since they are never put in action poses or required to hold a gun. but the sabe and padme in battle outfits never should of had barbie bodies. they can't even hold a gun.

in regards to which female star wars dolls use the barbie body, well, all of them except for leia(episode 4 white dress), hoth leia, and original bousch leia. all the rest of hasbro's female figures have a ripoff barbie body. i would of preferred hasbro's GI Jane body, but at the least, hasbro could of used an articulated barbie body like matelle has, with joints at the knees and elbows(not the bendy kind) and used a hand that could hold a weapon.

Zam Wessel is thankfully not
    zam is a barbie body, just like aurra sing, just with molded gloves, but still a barbie body. i'll get some batteries for my camera and post a pic later.

I like the Barbie look when you can SEE most of them, and consequently bad joint edges: for example, Slave Leia from FAO Schwartz (with R2) is way better than the POTF2 boxed one. Look at the way they had to change the bikini straps just to fit on the larger body figure of the boxed one
    i was under the impression they were on the same barbie type body, but i don't have the slave leia 2 pack, only the single boxed slave leia figure. i'll have to get the first release to compair them.
    Last edited by derek; 11-02-2002 at 09:55 AM.

Originally posted by Tycho

Aurra Sing should NEVER have been a Barbie

Wait a minute, Aurra Sing is a great 12" figure and she needed her sexy/slim barbie body. What did you want some buffed up GI Joe frame?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Originally posted by turbowars
    Wait a minute, Aurra Sing is a great 12" figure and she needed her sexy/slim barbie body. What did you want some buffed up GI Joe frame?
    i've heard this arguement on another forum.
    i would of preferred a cy-girl type body for aurra sing, and for that matter, all female hasbro figures, but the GI Jane body would of worked fine; it's not buff at all. the barbie body hasbro uses is just horrible. no joints in the knee and elbow area. not good for an "action" figure.

here is a photo of a cy-girl, made by Blue Box toys:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cy-girl.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	4367