Tusken Raider w/ Massiff MiniReview

Yeeaah!! Another new figure! Sort of...

Tusken Raider with Massif

- Likeness: Great! Looks exactly like the Tuskens in "Attack of the Clones." 5/5.

- Sculpt/ Detail: Well...nothing really new. We saw the exact figure a few years ago in the POTJ line. However the figure itself has a darker wash which looks nice and sets him apart from other Tusken Raider figures. The Massiff is the exact same as the one that came with the previously released Geonosian Warrior with Massiff. Only because the sculpts are great and not because we havn't seen them. 5/5.

- Articulation: The Tusken has 8 points of articulation which is great! Since he was originally sculpted to hold a rifle like his POTJ buddy, he can hold a neutral pose as well. The articulation is fantastic and doesn't take away from the sculpt of the figure. The Massiff only has 1 moving part. His mouth. 4/5.

- Accessories: There really isn't any. I count the Massiff as a part of the figure. The Tusken is very posable and a gaffi stick or the rifle would have gone great, the figure can hold them both. But alas- nothing! 0/5.

- Playablilty: Good to play with. The Massiff's chain can easily grip onto the figure's hand and looks good with other Tusken Raider figures. 5/5.

- Value: I picked him up on sale at Target for $2.99 which is a great price. Normally $4.99 which is still a fair price. The very close POTJ version was actually more expensive at retail. The price drop was nice. I'd pay that, but not much more. 4/5.

OVERALL: This figure is frusterating! It's two pieces of previously released figures. THIS is the figure that SHOULD have come out instead of the Geo Warrior w/ Massiff. Would have saved us all a few bucks. Granted that Hasbro had to plan the figure around some pictures they had and didn't realize the Massiff hung out with the Tuskens until they saw "Attack of the Clones." Oops! It's still a nice figure and it looks good with my Tusken Raider army (clan really). I'm kind of a fan of the Tusken Raiders and the variety of Tusken Raiders we've bought over the years (including the female w/ child) looks similar to the American Gothic. Or the "Tusken" Gothic with gaffi stick instead of pitch fork. 3/5.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I bought this in large part because I wanted a loose Massiff (wasn't willing to open a Geonosian one - I got just one of him, as I am a completist), and I love Tusken Raiders. To give this figure the feeling of a different post (sort of), I moved the handler chains to his right hand, and dropped it to the side, and BAM! Doesn't look like he's trying to shoot something anymore.