Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Great Idea for a Fan Club Exclusive

Hi all,
    What with the fact that hasbro considers certain charecters a financial risk, especially human Rebels, Imperials and some aliens. I had a great idea that Hasbro could offer as a exclusive.

Rebel Officers - 3 Pack
    General Dodonna (ANH), General Reiken (ESB), General Madine (ROTJ)

Imperial Officers - 3 pack
    Col. Wulf Yularen (ANH), General Veers (ESB), Moff Jerjerrod (ROTJ)

This idea could be great, a showcase of selling figures collectors want without hurting the bottem line of mass producing them and shipping them to stores, possibly leaving them to shelf worm.

I included Yularen, even though I was gonna originally go with a re-sculpt of Tarkin, because Tarkin has a good chance of actually selling in stores. Same reason I'm going with General Dodonna over the more popular Capt. Antillies. General Veers could come with a removable hat and snap on AT-AT armor and helmet. This idea would be great for varient astromechs and protocal droids also.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 10-31-2001 at 03:11 AM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thumbs up

Sounds cool, but the only exclusive I want right now if a :
    Yarna D'al Gargan
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by evenflow
    Sounds cool, but the only exclusive I want right now if a :
    Yarna D'al Gargan
    the only exclusive I want right now is:
    Bubo(Sp?) - Jabba's dog/frog creature and a new Bib Fortuna
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I am actually hoping that Hasbro will include Bubo w/ Ephant Man much like how they included Salacious Crumb with Amanaman.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Originally posted by evenflow
    I am actually hoping that Hasbro will include Bubo w/ Ephant Man much like how they included Salacious Crumb with Amanaman.

I don't care how they do it,I just want Bubo!!!!!!!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

As much as I like figs for cool alien background characters, a Yarna figure, quite frankly, scares me.

And as much as the 2 proposed 3-packs are intriguing, its just not in the cards at this stage in the game. Hopefully, after the initial heightened AOTC atmosphere settles down, Hasbro can start producing the figs that we collectors have demanded for years.

On a more personal note, I would much rather see a General Tagge and an Admiral Ozzel figure more so than a Veers in officer's uniform and Yularen.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Thumbs up

I totally support this idea. I know a lot of collectors (and to a greater degree, Hasbro) think plain old uniformed humans are boring, but specific Imperial and Rebel figures appeal to me. Making them fan-club exclusives would prevent them from becoming pegwarmers. Dodonna and Reiken are high on my list of wants. Bring them on!

Personally i'd like more X-wing pilots (Rogue Squadron) and maybe even a new X-wing aone with extra stickers to personalise them
    It's all fun and games 'til somebody loses an eye.

I'd like a new x-wing thats roughly the same as the FX one, only no electronics, (so it'd be cheaper and lighter) and a cockpit without a luke head molded into it. A removable droid would be cool to, especially if it isn't R2.

I know I got off subject, but it was brought up.

Word t' yo' mother!
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by Wolfwood319
    I'd like a new x-wing thats roughly the same as the FX one, only no electronics, (so it'd be cheaper and lighter) and a cockpit without a luke head molded into it. A removable droid would be cool to, especially if it isn't R2.
    They could create a clean and Dirty version for arrmy builders
    GNT
    ''