Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    Whoa! Three weeks off and back with a bang!

I was totally expecting Nina to shoot Jack in the back of the head. THAT would have been the mother of all plot twists! Don't ya think?

But the twisty coming attraction for next week's episode has me countin' hours. Who shoots Reza? His fiancÚ?

And we've still got 16 hours to go. Don't these people ever sleep? That'd be funny to have seven consecutive episodes where everyone is just zonked out, snorin' away.... May I suggest sweeps week?
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

there is no way nina will shoot jack. i love the show, but those CTU guys dropping their guns and the president giving nina the OK to shoot jack is goofy.

as soon as the president had confirmation the info nina gave them was correct, and the bomb was disarmed, the CTU guys would make swiss cheese out of nina meyers.

i'm beginning to think both razia and his future father in law are innocent, but from the looks of things, it's obvious part of the government is behind this whole plot. man, tycho would love this show. it would fit in perfectly with his theory that bush and the CIA set up bin ladin and were involved in the sept. 11th attacks.

i'm wondering how this season will end. the typical ending would be to have jack save the day, but it may make for more intersting TV and a better next season if L.A. is actually blown away.

and speaking of next season, if there is one.....(the show ain't the popular hit fox was hoping for) i wouldn't be suprised if they did cancel "24". if so, the writers for sure should "kill off" jack and california. after jack's wife was killed last season, anything is possible.
    Last edited by derek; 01-12-2003 at 10:41 PM.

Gaaah! Now ANOTHER three weeks until we get a new episode. This bites.

yea, what's up with fox? why do they need a 2 hour american idol show? why not just show the first episode before "24"? if american idol is that popular(i don't know cause i've never watched it) it would be a perfect lead in to "24".

fox is run by idiots!

now onto "24":

are the writers revealing to much too soon? we basically know who is behind the nuclear bomb plot. what i wonder is if palmer's ex-wife is involved to wiggle her way back into the president's life or is she trying to destroy him for divorcing her?
    Last edited by derek; 01-17-2003 at 11:35 AM.

The reason why FOX keeps putting the show on breaks is that they want the season to wrap up during May sweeps. If they ran all of the episodes non-stop, the season would end in April, as reruns are not feasible. I agree it is painful to wait, but I can see the network's thinking. At least FOX deserves some credit for trying to support the show's ratings and keep it going.

American Idol? Well, that's another topic.

derek,

I don't think that they are revealing everything too soon. Remember, it was at this time last season that the whole Ira Gaines storyline was wrapped up, and it proved to be only a portion of the whole show. If this season follows the same pattern, the 12th hour will direct the plot in a new direction.

Hey! Speaking of Season 1, I got it on DVD for Christmas and finally got around to watching the first disc. It's kind of wierd watching these characters knowing Nina's the bad guy and Teri dies. it puts a different spin on the whole thing, watching it second instead.

I especially liked sexy Mia Kirshner blowing up the plane and then hanging out in the Mohave desert with no clothes on. Yummy!:happy:

I moved this to the TV forum since this isn't a movie... yet.

Oh, and I think this season is ok, but some stuff feels too disjointed (the President's staff and ex-wife) or just plain dumb and pointless (Kim's odyssey). I fear that the whole last few eps will just be Jack trying to save Kim - luckily, she makes so many bad judgement calls that he'll have plenty more to save her from by the last ep.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Season 1
    Onto disc two. Watch the first two episodes (Episodes 5 and 6)Wow! The "father" of the girl in the hospital was the first major twist so far. That one totally caught me off guard. Even though I know the outcome, this is still pretty intriguing. And I lkike how everything in Los Angeles is within ten minutes drive of everything else.

Season 2
    Whatever happened to the guy driving around town with the bomb in the back of his truck? it's been a couple hours since we saw him. I will be giddy with coincidence if Kim actually winds up directly involved with the terrorists. Wacky. I think the season will culminate with a showdown with Nina, but if they plan on topping this season, I think she will be integral to season three. How do you find another plotline that involves Jack, Kim, the President, and another bout of insomnia?

Whatever happened to the guy driving around town with the bomb in the back of his truck? it's been a couple hours since we saw him.
    well, it looks like the bomb reached it's destination, a small airport. apparently, by the look of next weeks episode pre-view, it's gonna go off in the next hour(episode), and we still have 13 hours(episodes) to go. if the bomb does go off next week, i guess the focus of the show will shift to the conspiracy to overthrow the government.(?)

i don't mean to sound gruesome, but i was disapointed that jack faked the death of saied's son. having his son really executed would of really added to jack's "do anything to get the job done" attitude.

i'm not sure where the writers are going with the "sherry palmer" storyline, but i don't like it. she is an obvious villian, but i fear they are going to make her a hero before the show is over. when she had the secret meeting with david palmer's female aide, i kept thinking, "she better not pull a pistol with a silencer out of that coat!

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST SERIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT, RENT THE FIRST SEASON AND START WATCHING IT, NOW!!! TUESDAYS ON FOX!!!
    Last edited by derek; 02-11-2003 at 09:51 PM.

I have to disagree with you on the fake killing, derek. It's already been well established that Jack has the killer instinct of fulfilling his mission, but by not actually killing the son it shows he has some modicum of ethics/values. That scene did make for some great watching, though.

I think this season is at least on par if not better than season one. Kudos for great writing except for the Kim Palmer plotline at present. It's been lagging well behind the others for the last few episodes. Let's hope she gets back into the action really soon.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas