Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I figured Mason was going to be on the plane. If he hadn't I didn't know how Jack would get out of it. I wonder what is left for the rest of the season. Some guesses are that the 7th Coil Soilder is still at large, the new guy that showed up at CTU is in on something and probably something else with Sherry. Just my guesses. And I agree, I hate this 3 week wait. They better do what they did last year and give us the rest of the shows straight through till the last one(even though they made us wait 2 weeks last year for the finale)
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Oh, I know, right? I thought, "Since Mason was gonna die anyway, why didn't he fly the plane?"
    The 3 week wait is horrible!

I thought that Palmer should have placed Sherry under arrest, at least until "tomorrow", when the crisis was over.

Finally Kim had a relevant part of the story! Did she see the bomb go off?

I think that the new girl at CTU will turn out to be part of the conspiracy, but that's my opinion. I wold think that an agent in that situation would be able to focus on her work more w/out sexually harrassing her former subordinate. I know they might've just added that in for drama, but even George was able to straighten up and fly right (alright, it was a bad pun).

I think Palmer is a little suspicious of the JC's plans for dealing w/ these countrys that are plotting against US. There will be an assassination attempt before the show is over. I'm thinking of the movie JFK where the military-industrial complex is out to start war and make profit.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Finally Kim had a relevant part of the story! Did she see the bomb go off?
    yea she saw it, and now apparently she's gonna be in the middle of riots.

I think that the new girl at CTU will turn out to be part of the conspiracy
    i disagree. i think her and her female boss (sorry i forgot her name) are former lovers who had a bad break-up.

i'm also curious if nina meyers is going to have any involvement in the rest of the show?

I knew Mason would be the one taking the bomb in, I just thought they would have found the bomb's schematic in the harddrive before it went off and he would have plummetted anyway.

Derek, I'm pretty sure a small municipal airport like the one they're describing would not have enough runway for an F-16 to take off from.

Once the bomb went off, I felt like the show basically could only go downhill from here. Setting off a nuke on American soil basically kills the day IMO.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Derek, I'm pretty sure a small municipal airport like the one they're describing would not have enough runway for an F-16 to take off from
    like i said, i'm no expert, but those jets that launch off air-craft carriers have a really short runway. so i bet taking off wouldn't be a problem. maybe landing on a smaller runway would not be possible though.

I just watched Tuesday's ep. of the Jack Bauer Power Hour last night. Not bad, but they had painted themselves in a corner with who would pilot the plane.

We all knew it would be George, but they tried to swerve us with Jack doing it, but I wasn't fooled

I know she was in grief, but is getting out of the car in the middle of nowhere the best way to deal with it? Or is this just another excuse for her to get hunted by more cougars, and a Dillion brother?

The Chief of Staff is acting a little odd I agree. Also, what is the deal with the hostility with the chicks at CTU? Are they going to explain it or what. It seems kind of out of place to have that "soap opera-like" confrontation, with the long silent stares, and music playing......
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I agree with the women issue. There is definitley some underlying reason for the hostlity between them. Michelle and the other woman were either lovers or she sexually harrassed her in some way.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Hey Derek,

In "Pearl Harbor" I believe the runway on the aircraft carriers was 467 feet. Modern carriers, if anything, are probably bigger. A Harrier is the only fighter today IIRC that doesn't require much runway (or any at all). Plus, there were a bunch of little planes scattered all over the airfield.

Originally posted by derek
    like i said, i'm no expert, but those jets that launch off air-craft carriers have a really short runway. so i bet taking off wouldn't be a problem. maybe landing on a smaller runway would not be possible though.
    Aircraft carriers have a catapult - a special hydraulic launching system - that rapidly accelerates a plane to takeoff speed to counteract the shortened runway area, and even then the plane has to be at full engine power and sometimes they barely make enough speed for adequate lift.

Also, I am not sure a small municipal airport's tarmac would be capable of remaining solid under the heat from the engines of an F-16 taking off.

Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
    I know she was in grief, but is getting out of the car in the middle of nowhere the best way to deal with it? Or is this just another excuse for her to get hunted by more cougars, and a Dillion brother?

Also, what is the deal with the hostility with the chicks at CTU? Are they going to explain it or what. It seems kind of out of place to have that "soap opera-like" confrontation, with the long silent stares, and music playing......
    2 good points. After the writing for Kim on this day though, I'm surprised she doesn't jaywalk everywhere in black clothing down unlit streets or pick fights with massive gang members named Bertha or separate her eyelashes with a switchblade while driving.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.