Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Angry Freedom from religious persecution just a pipe dream?

What ever happen to freedom of expression? Seperation of church and state. Was it all just an illusion? Sadly most of the time that seems to be the case.

http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/West/10/3....ap/index.html

This kid proves that, contrary to popular belief, athiests do have a sense of morality. So what is the problem? Why reject someone who is helping others because he/she doesn't pray to your faith? Why do people feel the need to 'convert the savages'. I already know the answer to that, but I refuse to force my ideas on anyone.

"Just another idea for your mind to synthesize
    homogenize and beat into submission"
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

This is a privatly owned organization. The only violation to seperation of Church and State would be if the Government told the Scouts that they HAD to accept a certain member.

I don't agree with their stand, if someone wants to be an athesist or g@y or whatever, then I say so be it!

Unfortunatly there will always be tough decisions to make.

What about these issues:

Women in professional sports?
    Prayer in school?
    Why can't a woman be a priest?
    Why can't a man be a Hooters girl?

The list goes on and on. In the end it all comes down to common sense.

I just watched a program on Fox News about Military Recruiters at Harvard and other Ivy League Colleges. The College required anyone wishing to recruit on campus to sign a form stating that they would not discriminate in any way. The military never signed the form. Therefore Harvard would not allow Military recruiters on campus. However a 1997 law passed by Congress cut Government funding to institutions that refused to allow Military Recruiters on campus. For Harvard, that amounted to a $300,000,000.00+ annual loss.

Harvard now has Military Recruiters on campus.

Currently the military is the only Gov. organization that LEGALLY discriminates against fat people and g@y people.

So what do you think?
    May the force be with you.

simple answer on this one.....

Declare his belief in "Humanity" ........ fits in with atheism, and it gets these thought police off his back.

Still, sounds like the kind of kid who will stand by his convictions and be tossed out first. Cheers to him!

My answer lies within a question I received prior to earning my Star badge. One of the women on the board asked me if you could tell that somebody was a Christian by what they did.

I answered no.

She seemed confused by this, asking that, couldn't you tell by my uniform, my actions, the way I lived?

And my answer was still no, in that your public image tells nothing of your spirituality, that spirituality isn't morality.

Essentially, spirituality is acknowledging why you exist, what you are accountable for, and a divorce from the view of a temporary existence. Religion is a different issue, and from my standpoint, none of them are completely correct (the aged result of religious warring). But spirituality does explain why a "good" man can be bad, and a "bad" man can be good.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    And my answer was still no, in that your public image tells nothing of your spirituality, that spirituality isn't morality.

Just wanted to repeat this.
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Uh, what's a star badge?
    May the force be with you.

Tenderfoot
    Second Class
    First Class
    Star <=== analogy here
    Life
    Eagle <=== finished here

Screw the neo nazi scouters. Heinous organisations. breeding grounds of intolerance ond bigotry.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Screw the neo nazi scouters. Heinous organisations. breeding grounds of intolerance ond bigotry.
    and, much like the catholic church....pedophilia.

It is a private organization. Let them set whatever membership rules they want. Don't like it? Start your own organization.
    Back and more bearded than ever before