Thread: Seinfeld

Seinfeld

So, wheres the Seinfeld seasons at on DVD, everyone else and their mama is making their seasons into DVD collections, why hasn't the funniest show on tv done that yet? Oh, and what about collections of the Real Ghostbusters cartoons and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

There are a lot of shows that make too much money in syndication to be released on DVD. Let's face it, if you have a complete season of Seinfeld on DVD, you won't want to watch it on TV. I guess the Simpsons is a bit different, since most of the fans who'd buy the DVDs will watch it anyway.

And I think (JJB, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) that TMNT is on its way to DVD.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

From what i understand, Seinfeld will start making it's DVD appearances in summer 2003. That is just what i read somewhere. I've been dl lots of episodes to keep me going till then. I would love to get the Real Ghostbusters on DVD. What was that other Ghostbusting show? with the dude who had the red flying car and looked like a captain? anybody remember? I had those figures and watched it all the time, but i can't remember the freakin' name!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

EL Chuxter who is your avatar of?????? I cracked the heck up when I saw it I just wondered.
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Actually, Seinfeld at this point in time is never coming to DVD. People have asked Jerry Seinfeld on numerois occassions and he has stated that he has no intrests in ever releasing the series on DVD. He enjoys the money that the show is making him in syndication and has no intrest in jeopordizing that cash.

TMNT is being worked on, to atleast release the series premiere on DVD. Beyond that, it will depend on sales. I hope it's released, as I really enjoyed the series. I'm eagerly awaiting the old and new MOTU's DVD's as well.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I think El Chuxter's av is Optimus Prime......

You guys may laugh, but I want to know when Dawson's Creek is coming to DVD. I love them shows........ same with GI Joe!

<<in best nasal NY voice>> "So what's the deal with Seinfeld not being released on DVD?"

It would be really neat to have that show on DVD. Just can't get enough Seinfeld; especially that "Assman" episode. Great stuff!
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I wonder if they will include the absent-from-syndication Puerto Rican Day parade episode in any future DVD sets ?

That episode was so funny I couldn't breathe. It deserves to live on.....

Isn't it in syndication w/o that sequence? I could have sworn Ive seen it since its air date, but without the burning of the flag. Elaine under the bleachers mauling that geeky guy out of desperation takes the all-time cake!
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I've seen the infamous PR-Day parade episode more than once in syndication. I remember it being on in the past few months and they did have the flag burning part in it. Somehow I don't think Seinfeld & Co. really kowtow to the vocal minority on issues like that. IMO it's one of the best episodes ever, after the Contest, Assman, and the one with Jerry and the menage a trois.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas