Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

MOTU Figures: Who's next?

I read on a site somewhere where they interviewed somone who does something with the new cartoon (I know it doesn't sound really reliable, but I'm pretty sure it was, I just can't remember exactly where I read it) that ALL of the old figures were going to be in the new cartoon. It said ALL of them. After reading that, I can't help at hope for ALL of the old figures to be re-made. It would take a few years but it would be awesome. I know that Tri-Klops, Trap-Jaw, Orko, Teela, Whiplash, Faker and Prince Adam are on the way, but I wonder who's next. I'm fairly certain, if the cartoons reveal anything, that Evil-Lyn, Clawful, and Buzz-Off will be among the next ones out in 2003, and King Randor and the Sorceress will probably get made eventually too, but I wonder when the other charactrs will come into the cartoon and get made into figures. Since Sy-Klone and Faker, at least to toyfare, are coming so they'll probably turn up in an episode soon. The figures I really want to see are Fisto and Stridor, Hordak, Modulok, Roboto, Two-Bad, Kobra Kahn, Mantenna, and Moss Man. A Snake Mountain Playset would be awesome too, as would the Fright Zone.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

According to someone on He-Man.org, figures for next year are showing up on Meijer's computers. Here's what he listed from the computer. Note that these have not been confirmed in anyway, but the info does point to them being likely releases for early 2003. Ram Man (Refresh) was listed also. Nice stuff coming, but way to many heroes, and way to many He-Man's.

Villians Wave 3:
    Evil Lyn
    Inferno Skeletor
    Too Bad
    Whiplash

Heroes Wave 4:
    Martial Arts He-Man
    Power Gauntlet Man-At-Arms
    Prince Adam
    Sy-Klone

Heroes Wave 5:
    Ice Armor He-Man
    Man-E-Faces
    Roboto
    Stealth He-Man
    Zodac

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Last edited by Beast; 11-19-2002 at 07:33 PM.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

My husband said he saw a he man with blue gear on but he didnt buy it because he wasnt sure if I had it, which I dont. Has anyone seen this version? If so whats it called?
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

That'd be Smash Blade He-Man. He's the current incarnation of He-Man that floods the cases that also contains Teela and Orko (out now by the way.)

Well, besides the plethora of He-Man and Skeletor versions, the only other figures that prototypes have been seen for are;

Prince Adam
    Whiplash
    Sy-Clone

There's already problems with the line appearently, like the short-packing of regular characters to make room for all the HM and SKelly versions. Mattel says they're fixing the problem, but little "fixing'' has been witnessed thus far.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Thanks Wolfy, I didn't know if that was Smash Blade He-Man or not. I couldn't find a picture to check. Yes, the pack-out ratio of the line officially sucks on toast. 4 He-Man's, 1 Orko, 1 Teela for the Hero case, and 4 Skeletor, 1 Trap-Jaw, 1 Tri-Klops for the Villian Case is stupid. But hopefully Mattel will fix things soon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That sucks . My hubby said there were 25 or 30 of those new He Man but no other figs. Why is Mattel making such a crappy case assortment?

Oh and Thanks Wolf wood

Hey JJB do you know if the Ram Man cases were like that also?? I never found a single one. Who else is in the Sy-Clone case assortment?

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

Yep, the Ram-Man case was just as bad. It was originally 4 Jungle Attack He-Man's, 1 regular He-Man, and 1 Ram Man. I hear that now it's 3 Jungle Attack He-Man's, 2 Ram Man's, and 1 Meckaneck. It's just a horrible situation.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LOL thanks for sharing the bad news. I forgot about Mekaneck.

Prince Adam, Power Gauntlet Man-At-Arms, and another He-Man version will accompany Sy-Clone com Spring 2003. That's the farthest we've seen prototypes for as well, (minus the Whiplash prototype.)

On a side not, I scored a TrapJaw tonight at Wal-Mart. Its a sweet figure, but a little small compared to the rest of the line so far. No Tri-Klops though. I still haven't seen a Mekaneck either.

Also, if looking for the new figures, you'll spot the new figures because they have a yellow sticker on the side of the bubble showing off the "talk-chip" thing. Even if you don't find new figures, you'll be able to tell if they've been there or not. Cases consisting of He-Man, JA He-Man, Ram Man and Mekaneck have these stickers. Whereas cases of just JA He-Man and Ram Man do not. All the new stuff has these stickers as well.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Thanks for the info Wolfwood. I have a feeling I wont find anything but a boat load of He Man figs....the scalpers must be having a hay day around here. Yeah I saw that chip thingy ma bob on the new He Man bubble. Trapjaw is small?? How so??? He didnt seem smaller in the pics I've seen...but they are pics.