Question Question on vintage packaging

I have been on ebay alot as of lately and all of the vintage SW figures seem to have a yellow tint to the blister bubble. Is this normal? Does it happen to all of them over time?
    This announcement has been brought to you by a generous grant from the Ranting Jonna Foundation
    "Helping to improve your life through nonsensical ravings for over 35 years"

Re: Question on vintage packaging

Originally posted by The Ghost of Jonna
    I have been on ebay alot as of lately and all of the vintage SW figures seem to have a yellow tint to the blister bubble. Is this normal? Does it happen to all of them over time?
    I have a few that are like that but most of mine are A-OK and look like they did back then! I know one is like that cause the guy I bought it from smoked like a feind but it was a potf '85 combat poncho leia for 10 bucks so I said "what the hey" and it's not super yellow and still looks ok Another reason is probably improper storage IE: too much heat, sunlight, moisture etc. so NO they aren't all like that.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

It is fairly common to find a yellowed bubble on the packaging of most of the ROTJ, DROIDS and EWOKS figures. I've seen many discussions as to why, and most point to the possibility of a different type of plastic being used for the ROTJ-era bubbles--a type that has a lower resistance to UV light, thus causing the yellowing. The SW and ESB bubbles are far less likely to have yellowed bubbles; however, ANY bubble can yellow if exposed to sunlight or UV light, or if just not properly cared for.

Luckily, seeing a yellow bubble can also be an indication that the figure in question is less likely to be resealed, so it is kind of a trade-off.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...