Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Originally posted by James Boba Fettfield
    So they decided to lose the X and Y buttons. I'm not sure if the R and L buttons are there or not. But anyway, did they decide that maybe adding the X and Y buttons would detract in some way, perhaps noting that the previous GBA was able to successfully emulate Super Nintendo games without those X and Y buttons.
    The R and L buttons are still there. As for the X and Y buttons, those were on two of three possible model choices Nintendo was working on for the GBA 2. The first was a standard two button GBA featuring a backlit screen, which we got as the GBA SP. The second was a standard GBA backlit model with four buttons instead of two, which is what you are talking about. The third was a four button upgrade to the GBA that would have exclusive games not playable on the original GBA, but they probably figured it was still too early in the GBA's life to do that yet.

Knowing Nintendo, at least one (if not both) of the other models are also in the works for some future release. The upgraded four button GBA will no doubt eventually evolve into what will become GBA's successor.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

The true next generation of GB will be able to duplicate the N64!!!
    Since the GBA duplicated the Super Nintendo.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

A handheld N64 would be sweet. But it's unlikely. I don't know if I'll get a GBA SP, I'll have to give it some thought.
    "There is no pain where strength lies"-Darth Maul
    "You must join me, Obi-Wan, and together we will destroy the Sith!"-Count Dooku

Originally posted by Darth Evil
    I don't know if I'll get a GBA SP, I'll have to give it some thought.
    The nice thing about the Game Boy Advance SP is that it is only the second handheld system Nintendo has made with a backlit screen. The first was the Game Boy Light, which remained exclusive to Japan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gameboylightbox.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	4933  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces

I'm pretty excited about this thing.
    I've held off buying the GBA because of the price and because I'd heard they were doing a redesign anyway. Backlit screen and rechargeable longer life battery makes up for the increased cost to me. Though, it would be nice if it was say $75 instead of $100 ... and they market the old GBA down to around $45.

I still see Game Boy Colors asking for more price than Game Boy Advances. It's almost as puzzling as the time I saw Madden 2002 for $50 and Madden 2003 for $40 at Best Buy.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

You mean Cobalt.

There is also a Jet Black one in addition to Cobalt and Platinum, but only Europe and Japan will be getting that one.

Looks cool, but I don't have much use for a portable game system. Never been one to play games on the go.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Maybe you could look into the Game Boy Player QLD. Then you could play Game Boy games on your T.V. with the GameCube.