Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Exclamation Game Boy Advance 2

That right folks, it appears that Nintendo is going to release the Game Boy Advance 2 in the the near future. Testing appears to have already started at Nintendo's German headquarters. It is going to improve almost everything lacking in the GBA.

It will have a backlit screen, will fold out like a Game & Watch game, have four face and two shoulder buttons (like a Super Nintendo controller), and use an internal slimline battery as its power source (like a cell phone) instead of two AA batteries. The battery is expected to last 10 hours before needing recharging. In addition, it will feature a larger backlit screen than all current backlit models, with a new TFT screen with variable contrast, which is to be manufactored by Sharp.

The GBA2 is also set to recieve an upgrade to its internal architecture, in the shape of a more powerful processor, and the possibility of more onboard RAM.

Nintendo is also exploring the possibility of implementing two other prototypes: a standard two button GBA featuring a backlit screen, and a four button backlit model.

Reports state that it could be available as soon as late November in Japan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	game boy advance 2.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	4365  
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Nintendo is going to kill with that ill piece of machine. By ill I mean good.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

I dunno, hearing about it sounds pretty cool but seeing that first pic makes me think it's gonna be a little topheavy during play. If it has cellphone style rechargeable batteries, then I hope it has a battery status indicator.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Meh, Those screens are quite light. I wouldn't worry about it being top heavy. I'd really like to see a battery status indicator too.

It just doesn't seem like Game Boy Advance got a full run, though. It would be nice if this new Game Boy could run the older games, too.

It does run the older GBA games.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection

Excellent. Then I do not feel so bad about it being released so soon. It's a good thing.

Why didn't Nintendo do a lot of this stuff with the GBA 1 especialy the back-lit screen.
    Another reason why I hate what Nintendo is doing more and more.

They wouldn't have been able to pry another 80 bucks out of us. Duh.