Why would they trade if they are free?
    "I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me"-Area man

re: trade for Silver R2

Well, they're "free" with a $20 purchase at TRU, but only if you get to a store that has them- Many didn't have any to distribute today.

And, Amazon.com had them for $9.99 each, but have since sold out of them-

So, free, $9.99, or whatever, they're already becoming hard to come by. I was lucky enough to get 2.

Take care-

Well said bount3hntr, well said

I got mine today and boy was i lucky b/c they only had 3 more left. I would have gotten another but at my TRU they limited them to 1 per person.
    "Someone get this walking carpet out of my way!"

Oh yeah, one other thing...
    Wasnt the Toy Fair Vader Free also for attending the Toy Fair?? Take a look at that on eBay. I know they gave it away for free but man 100 to 175 bucks is sure a long way from free.

Toy Fair Vader is a whole nother kettle of fish. Alot less of those were made then the Silver R2-D2's. They also were only available at 2 places. Once at Toy Fair, and for a very short time from the Fan Club. The Silver R2-D2 will never be worth anywhere near what the Silver Vader is. It's just simple numbers.

Toy Fair Vader (Estimated U.S.A. production numbers) 5,000+
    Silver R2-D2 (Total of First Shipments to TRU Warehouses) 59,296+

http://209.197.117.27/databases/acti...ow_article=558

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Man, that bit of information probably just shot bount3hntr's trade offer in the @$$. If you wanted to inform me maybe you should send me a PM next time. Afterall, the only reason i posted here was to point out that just b/c something is given away for "free" does not mean its worthless.

Just a thought...

Originally posted by Jedi_Bates
    Man, that bit of information probably just shot bount3hntr's trade offer in the @$$. If you wanted to inform me maybe you should send me a PM next time. Afterall, the only reason i posted here was to point out that just b/c something is given away for "free" does not mean its worthless.

Just a thought...
    most everyone on these boards knows that they made many more R2's than Vader's so it won't hurt him/her any. If someone needs it, which I'm sure there's someone out there who does, he/she will certainly be able to trade for it!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!