Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I got back from Disney last week. I asked a 'cast member' at Once Upon a Toy Store (the Disney Marketplace, Orlando) when they expected the new wave to come out - the lady said they were supposed to arrive in Dec. but they are now expecting them early January. I think the port closures in October screwed up the shipping dates of most of these toys. Same thing happened with the Tyderium Shuttle and the Simpsons Main Street environment.
    The movie changed my life. It was much better than Cats. I'd go see it again and again and again.

Originally posted by Sentinel18725
    If or when they produce the cloud car...will they have the foresight to give us two pilots or will we have to wait a few years to get a carded second figure?
    You might want to repost this in the Saga threads, but I think we might just get 2 pilot packins, just like the WN POTJ crashed Snow Speeder.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

More like just one pack-in. Even though it takes two hasbro will save on costs and only make the one for a pack-in or they'll basic card it so you can get as many as you want of the cool dood. I'd rather do it that way anyway seeing as pack-in figures are weak. It would reduce the cost of the vehicle too.

Why do you say one when they gave us 2 with the speeder? You are right about the weak pack-ins. How about if they don't even give us one and make the ship nicer in detail.
    (Like my posts)

Make a good ship and card the cool pilots. That would be my vote. Everyone likes pilots, right? Maybe they could even change the run part way through (like another rockin' X-games goateed variant like the Endor rebel soldier.... cuz goatees are SO cool). 2 different ones would be nice for a little variation, maybe with different arms so one could be using a comlink and the other's piloting the craft with both hands, maybe slightly different uniforms... maybe not. Would be good though.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I say one figure because it would be a new sculpt entirely whereas the snowspeeder utilised old molds so there was only the new dack head and the collars they sculpted new. Ergo they saved a pot of money by using old junk lying around for the pack in figures. So to speak.
    I know this is still off topic but there's no harm in a little digression. That said, A basic carded pilot would as JJ said allow for a running 50/50 changeover of head sculpts. The detailing would be higher grade and the figure would be more likely to have accessories. If i had to say what accessory i wanted I'd say three or four, A gun, a commlink, an access ladder for the ship and some sort of small generator thing with a cable that had a small suction cup on the end. Maintenance of vehicles would be prime at a place like Cloud city so tools for the job would be kinda neat. I'd even go so far as to say leave out the gun seeing as he's a pilot not a soldier. So that's a commlink, a generator assembly and an access ladder.
    I think access ladders should have come with all ships anyway.
    I still hope they resculpt the vehicle maintenance energiser and shove it in as an accessory in the upcoming Target acessory pack that includes the Yavin hangar rebel technician.

See, I just send myself off topic without trying. Okay back to star tours now. So these things are due in January sometime? If that's the case why aren't they appearing on Ebay like the last two waves did. Early. We should have seen some photo evidence by now - somewhere or other. My faith is waning... help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope..............

- G2-9T.
    - SK-Z38.
    What do these figures look like? Does anybody have pics to show of these figures?
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

Originally posted by JediDBM
    - G2-9T.
    - SK-Z38.
    What do these figures look like? Does anybody have pics to show of these figures?
    I have no clue about G2, but SK-Z38 should look like like this....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picture.jpeg 
Views:	52 
Size:	19.2 KB 
ID:	4900  
    (Like my posts)

Ok everybody, it is now January, where is this new R5 unit? To be honest I have been waiting since before Christmas just to see anything new.
    My Jedi name is Merdar Iyu
    Chewie? Chewie!!! Have you even seen Star Wars?!!
    "Lev, have you ever heard of Evil Kenevil?" "No, I never saw Star Wars"

According to the R2DTOYS webstore, the third wave is 'coming soon' so maybe they will show up this month or early next month. God i sincerely hope so. I'll take anything rather than those awful saga figures Hasbro just previewed. Notice how none of the star tours figures have had any gimmicks? that's cool.