View Poll Results: Did you get the TRU-exclusive silver anniversary R2-D2?

Voters
684. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I got it at a TRU store

420 61.40%
  • Yes, I got it off the TRU website

53 7.75%
  • Yes, I got it / plan to get it from another source

15 2.19%
  • No, but I want one

155 22.66%
  • No, Im not interested

41 5.99%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My story is the same as many of you. I was probably at the counter trying to get my figure for 20-30 minutes, before I got the best carded figure out of the box I could find.... a C-8/9 at the best.
    Ex-wife to me in the toy aisle: "Why do I sense we've picked up another plastic lifeform?"

Thanks to sebillba for the trade!

My Toys R Us placed the figures on the shelve and sold them for a penny.
    They also put them out Saturday and was sold out before the ad even hit the paper.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Originally posted by Darth Metalmute
    My Toys R Us placed the figures on the shelve and sold them for a penny.
    They also put them out Saturday and was sold out before the ad even hit the paper.
    Did you get one though?
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

yeah I got one, there was about 15 left when i was there at noon on sat and only two were undamaged. even though they sold them for a penny I still picked up a gunship,because i had a coupon.
    Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings did you come anywhere close to the answer. Thanks to you, everyone in this room is now stupider having heard you. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul. -Billy Madison-

Even though for some reason I receive error messages everytime I try to vote in a poll, yes, I was able to pick up 2 Silver R2s on Sunday, despite the fact that, from my own judgment, that they were available on Saturday as well.
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I got mine yesterday. I love him. I am collecting astromech droids and customizing some of them, so this will look great in my collection--right next to my gold w/purple R3-T7.

LusiferSam, If you don't like your Vader, wanna give him to me?
    Who's the more foolish, the fool, or the
    fool that follows it?

I got 2 yesturday and I went back to see if they had restocked the Shelfs but they were empty.I talked to a friend that worked there and he said that they only got in 32-R2 D2.My sister and Brother inlaw picked up a couple out in Texas for me they mailed them out today.

I only picked up one yesterday. I got to TRU about 10 minutes before they opened, and there was about 5 or 6 other people waiting who I could tell were there for the R2 (one of them had a SW shirt on). We all just walked over there calmly, I was the second person to the SW toy aisle. I purchased the POTJ Luke/Leia & Han/Chewie Silver Anniversary packs, and an Action Fleet AT-TE; since they no longer had any Landspeeders and I have the Arena on layaway at Wal-Mart.
    The website

The Wookie has no pants!

What goofball thought up this cheesy poll anyway?!? (hint: I did )

I voted "Yes, from a store" because I had a fairly nice experience getting it. Around noonish, I finally picked up the 2 AOTC Action Fleet and Jango Pilot and walked up to the shortest line - there was a big display nearby with 2 girls warbling into the latest little girl karaoke noise-maker, this one sounded really awful and made the wait nigh-unbearable - and of course the shortest line took the absolute longest possible thanks to confused old people with coupons in-hand and gift receipts on their minds. How 1 transaction selling 1 item could be so confounding is completely beyond my patience or understanding, but I stood there and waited until they finally finished their transaction... TEN MINUTES LATER!!! The cashier was friendly and swiped all 3 items then went for her big-book to look up the coupon code on the free R2 (which she couldn't find) then pulled an R2 out from under her register, scanned it, and let me know that this was free with my Star Wars purchase. No having to go to the Cust Serv desk, no having to call over the manager, no having to DO ANYTHING, it was the smoothest transaction of this nature I had been a part of in quite a while.

If I get the opportunity, I'll get a 2nd one for opening purposes (this one's card is slightly bent); usually I'm an everything-opener, but I like this and Vader carded, I have very few carded figs but TRU R2 immediately went into a Star Case when I got home (thankfully it fit in an older case).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What stories you all have!

I will be the first to say sorry for TRU and all the problems you have had with the R2 promotion. The Company as a whole has kept everyone in the dark until a week before the promotion hit. You are suppost to buy your items and then go to the Customer Service Area and get your free R2. It doesn't have to be scanned out! Every store got at least 96 figures in for the promotion. There are 32 per case. The cases are packed really well from Hasbro so the damage is coming from shipping and handling. As far as "being out" already, I doubt it. Someone is just to lazy and/or doesn't care to FIND the product in the back. I got 2 and am happy with that. It is a nice figure but I am now not going to open it because of the legs being on backward. Hasbro and their "QUALITY CONTROL"! Whatever!
    "The Negotiator, General Kenobi."