View Poll Results: Did you get the TRU-exclusive silver anniversary R2-D2?

Voters
684. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I got it at a TRU store

420 61.40%
  • Yes, I got it off the TRU website

53 7.75%
  • Yes, I got it / plan to get it from another source

15 2.19%
  • No, but I want one

155 22.66%
  • No, Im not interested

41 5.99%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Jar Jar Binks has the mind of the real Jar Jar.

Never did I say that I was gonna sell or trade my figures, so stop being a jackass and put words in my mouth. I was willing to give one of my R2's away to a collector who lived close to me. People like you are the ones who start all of this stupid crap about scalping and selling on the second market. I'm sure you got your R2D2 with no problem and what I did in no way effects what you do in everyday life unless that is if you buy up extra figures and try to make a profit off of other folks who cant find the figs them selves.

If you have more than one R2 yourself makes you no better than me.

So **** off flit boy

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    I got two of them, and finally was able to get new figures that have been absent around here for far to long. Grabbed a Landspeeder for my first one. And then for the second I managed to grab Jango: Pilot, Lott Dod, Watto, and Tusken w/ Massiff for the other one. So all in all, a good day for Star Wars.

Plus I went to the Wal-Mart near the TRU, and they had pegs full of CloneTrooper Pilots. So I snagged myself two of those as well. Patience truely is a virtue, as I was close to hitting Ebay for to get the figures that I needed. Now I just need to get lucky and snag an ERS (no goatee) and Ephant Mon.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    You got 2 R2's?! And to think that you were crying about someone getting 3 extra R2's a screwing some little kid out of a R2D2 in Sri Lanka.

My advise to you is dont be a " Do as I say and not as I do a" and mind your own bussiness...

You still effectivly stole them from TRU, so don't act high and mighty my friend. Plus you made a comment asking if anyone " needs a C 10 R2D2" to let you know. Doubt that your intending to give them away for free. Besides, you did scalp/steal them from the store, because you didn't follow the rules of the sale, just to rip them off. I did get two, but I spent $40.00 to do it, and the second one was given to my collector brother. So there is no comparison who is the scalper/theif in this instance. :happy:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by 1SG Fett
    You got 2 R2's?! And to think that you were crying about someone getting 3 extra R2's a screwing some little kid out of a R2D2 in Sri Lanka.

My advise to you is dont be a " Do as I say and not as I do a" and mind your own bussiness...
    I paid for both of mine, slappy. I purchased a $20.00 Landspeeder for the R2-D2 for myself. And I bought 4 figures for the R2-D2 I gave to my brother. I didn't take receipts around and steal R2-D2's from the store. You sir, have no morals. Besides, your bragging about the theft on a message board. Doesn't sound much like you want people not to notice your lack of morals and comment on them. So you are making it my business. Thank you for playing. :happy:
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

I paid for both of mine, slappy. I purchased a $20.00 Landspeeder for the R2-D2 for myself. And I bought 4 figures for the R2-D2 I gave to my brother. I didn't take receipts around and steal R2-D2's from the store. You sir, have no morals. Besides, your bragging about the theft on a message board. Doesn't sound much like you want people not to notice your lack of morals and comment on them.
    Ok what ever you win. Good thing that you still live at your parents house because I think that working at Burger King would not be enough to pay rent and buy star wars figures at the same time.

Be careful at what you say the next time you are in line at TRU. You may just run into one of those guys you complain about

Yo, yo enough on the insults. Why dont the both of you grow up? These are just toys. I got two the hard way, by having myself and GF buy 20 bucks worth each. Sure, I returned the merch and kept my R2s, those who didnt are wishing they had or soon will, unless you actually dont already have everything I want like I do.
    I actually got 3 more of tru.com, but thats another story. I am not planning to scalp them for another 10 years anyway.
    I just hate to see two grown men fighting online, kind of reminds one the comic book guy on the simpsons, doesnt it?
    "So I says to him, I says..."

I was one of the current 51 pollsters who got his R2 from Amazon. As a matter of fact, I received them today.

AND I am disappointed!!! Not because of the figure.

BUT, the bubbles on BOTH cards were crushed.

I am going to try to return these for two in better condition. Hope they still have some in my area. I don't see why TRU would have a problem exchanging them if I bring my Amazon/TRU receipt. Do you?
    The movie changed my life. It was much better than Cats. I'd go see it again and again and again.

If Your Local Toys 'R' Us Does Not Have The R2-D2's? One They May Not Have Them Yet So Wait First. Or If You go To eBay They Are Selling The R2-D2's For 5.00 To 10.00 So It Would Be Easy To Get One On eBay Now And Allot Cheaper As Well Then Spending 20.00 or More Just To Get One And Get The Run Around. Like We Don't Have Them. Or We Don't Know Anything Of This? Or We Are Sold Out As We Only Had A Few And They're Gone Already And We Won't Be Getting No More! So If This Is Your Toys 'R' Us Store? Just Go To eBay And Pay Only 5.00 Or 10.00 And Forget These Toys 'R' Us Stores Who Give You The Runaround. Man I Got Mine At Toys 'R' Us When This Started So I'm Ok With Our Store Here Then. But If I Knew I Could Buy One On eBay For 5.00 Or So I Would Of Went That Way Instead As To Pay 20.00 To 40.00 On Star Wars Stuff That Was Old And Not Needed In The First Place. So That's What I Would Do At This Point Then? The Choice Is Yours. May The Force Be With You! Jedi-Dalsa
    Jedi-Dalsa

Got an R2

I got my R2 the day they came out. $9.99 +$4 shipping from Amazon.com. Could've ordered 3 and got a free on but I didn't. The figure came it a c10 pacakge and looks pretty awesome. I don't have a close by TRU and besides, I've got everything but Ephont and No beard ERS and I know they wouldn't have those. I'm not much on vehicle collecting, maybe the Gunship, but nothing else really, until they are a year and a half old and all the stores knock em down to 70% off. Anyway, you might be able to get one from Amazon, last time I checked, a day after my order was placed, they were gone but they might have listed more.

Extra Silver R2's -- 1SG Fett

1SG Fett,

Thanks for the offer. I ended up with 3 -- 1 for me, 1 for my wife, and 1 for a friend of hers at work. So I'm OK right now with the number of R2's. But I appreciate the offer. Maybe in the future we can team up if there's anything else the other is looking for.

It's a shame so much flaming took place over the fact that you got a couple of extra R2's. If TRU was really concerned about people taking more than what they deemed was appropriate, they should have either had you return what you bought and rerang the transaction with the silver R2 on the receipt, or written something on your original receipt indicating that you had received the promo figure. Since they didn't, oh well. Their loss is your gain.

I just hope some of the other store exclusive Star Wars items are a little easier to obtain.