View Poll Results: Did you get the TRU-exclusive silver anniversary R2-D2?

Voters
684. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I got it at a TRU store

420 61.40%
  • Yes, I got it off the TRU website

53 7.75%
  • Yes, I got it / plan to get it from another source

15 2.19%
  • No, but I want one

155 22.66%
  • No, Im not interested

41 5.99%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Did you get the TRU-exclusive silver anniversary R2-D2?

R2-D2 is making the holiday season happen, once again!

Another figure of the little droid is the chase-piece of the day - but this time quantities are supposed to be such that everyone who wants one will get one.

"Do you?" and "Did you?"

These are the topics of this poll.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails r2d2 silver anniversary.jpg  
    Last edited by Tycho; 11-04-2002 at 05:07 AM.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I voted for "no, not interested" although I rather would've taken "still deciding" since I'm still not sure if I want one or not
    but I think it will end up that I won't get it
    Until The End Of Time...
    - Tupac Shakur, RIP

I got mine! My local TRU actually opened about five minutes early. For the last two years, there haven't been SW fans waiting outside TRU on a Saturday morning. There were about five of us this weekend.

I was excited about getting this figure. I got my R2 yesterday when I purchased the Landspeeder. Now that I have the R2, there really isn't anything that great about him. The card is kind of neat. I'm not really a carded collector, but I'm not going to open this one since I don't really have a use for it.

I think I was just excited about getting this figure because I haven't made a Star Wars purchase since late Sept.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I was going to pick one up yesterday morning at my local TRU and what do know, I tripped on my shoelace , fell down my front stairs and whacked my skull on concrete or atleast that is what my neighbors told me because I was unconcious for 30 seconds. After a trip to the hospital and 8 stitches to my right temple I was pooped that wouldn't be to get a silver R2. Then.. low and behold somthing great would happen in the form a link..... yes it was the SSG latest news headlines informing me that I could by one from Toysrus.com so i did.

Thank you SirSteve
    have coming to this website for 5 or 6 years now and it is still the best there is.

Unhappy

Sad to say, I missed out in going to TRU this weekend. My wife and daughter were both deathly ill, or at least they acted like it, this weekend and I had to stay home and play nurse maid....

By the time I could sneak away, TRU was closed for the day.

Anyone think TRU's might still have any?
    Last edited by DahrJin; 11-04-2002 at 09:27 AM.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

DAMN i Want one the web site is out will they have more soon??? there is no tru withih 2 hrs of here HELP!!!!
    Oh Crap!!!!

I'm with 187-Maul, still thinking about it. I got the silver Vader and there is nothing special about that one, so I'm not sure I want the silver R2.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Found one here in the Pacific Northwest. Only problem was the staff at the local TRU store was absolutely clueless about the promotion -- Even though there was signage up in the store. Bought my $20 worth of figures but at the checkout when I asked for my claim slip for the R2-D2 the cashier said she had no idea what I was talking about. She then directed me to the "R-Zone" where another associate had to radio the floor manager because he had no idea what was going on. I then received my figure only to be told that it had to be rung up with my purchases so I had to go to the return counter, return the figures I just purchased, and buy them again only with the R2. I asked the floor manager why none of the associates where educated about this promo and she said "Well I thought we were out of them."

I really hate Hasbro for making certain figures available only at certain stores. It's bad enough dealing with idiots at Wal-Mart trying to get those exclusives.

Angry same problem

i had the exact same problem as dr. zoltar. but what was even worse, there was a major crease and bend in the card. like huge! and i asked if i could get one in better shape and the guy was digging around the box and said that i had the best one. i was sooooo dissappointed all day. so i went to another tru and got one in better condition. and i had the same trouble there getting my figure as i did at the first tru i went to. so now i have two r2's and a bunch of figures i already had, so i'm going to return the figures and get my money back and keep my r2's. what an easy scam!