Thread: Iron Fist

Iron Fist

I have a serious question about this movie. I like Ray Park and Marvel heroes, but is anyone actually excited about the Iron Fist movie? I mean, Iron Fist is not actually at the top of the ladder for comic heroes. Then again, Blade wasn't the most hyped character in comics either before his 1998 film debut. Maybe I am wrong, I hope I am, and this movie will totally shatter everything I expect it to be. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-04-2002 at 11:22 AM.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    This project reeks of Straight To Video-ocity. When I hear of an Iron Fist movie in the vein of other "hit" Marvel heroes on celluloid, I don't think Spidey, and Daredevil, the Hulk, and the X-Men. I think of Captain America, The Punisher, and the mythical Fantastic Four crapfest.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Not to mention they're breaking the cardinal rule of "one comic book superhero (or villain) per actor." I'll see Iron Fist and keep expecting him to whomp on Luke Cage with a big ol' tongue or something.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I heard that the FF movie was not so bad considering its budget. Then there is the fact that Roger Corman directed it.....
    Last edited by James Boba Fettfield; 11-04-2002 at 07:56 PM.

The important question is....will power man be in it?
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I don't believe we'll be seeing him. It's supposed to be focused on Iron Fist wanting revenge against Ward Meachum. Things could change, though.

"Corman: The Barbarian!"
    "Corman: The Employer!"

God bless MST3K
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"