Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Question PS2 Twisted Metal Black: Online

Ok, I got the modem for the PS2 and I sent in the paper for the free copy of Twisted Metal Balck: Online. I have not gotten it yet, but what I want to know is, Is this a strickly online game?? Or is it the complete version of the game with online options???

Anyone . . . . . . . . . . . Anyone . . . . . . . . . . . Bueler . . . . . . . . . . Bueler . . . . . . . . . . . .
    Come see Dar' Live™ Aug 12-15 in Orlando!!!
    You're slower than a herd of turtles stampeding through peanut butter.
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

If I recall.....it is the complete game with online options.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

I bought Twisted Metal Black used last year. I am not what you call "good" at that game. I don't think I will even try to play that game online.

Question about the PS2 online: Will my DSL connection work or do I have to have a dial-up?
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

From what I have read at the boards of Twisted Metal on Game FAQ's site, it is strictly just an online game. Twsited Metal Black Online just has online deathmatch. Twisted Metal Black has the single player an non-online multiplayer. As for the dial up question, it's not limited to dial up only. So I guess it would work. Again, these aren't my words, just what I have read others saying on another board.
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Originally posted by Rogue II
    Question about the PS2 online: Will my DSL connection work or do I have to have a dial-up?
    On the modem there is a yellow sticker that says something to the effect of, "Do not put phone line here" That is for a Ethernet connection to your DSL or Cable Modem. You would need to know your connections for that though in order to hook it up. I think there might be a help menu for that as well on the disc included.

I soooooo need cable
    Hackers in hollywood movies are phenomenal. All they need to do is "c:\> hack into fbi"

I don't know if I will ever get around to buying the modem for the PS2. The only game I have that has an online mode is Madden 2003.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

I have DSL, but there has been nothing for the PS2 that made me want to get the modem.

Socom is buggy, and not that great, and I hate playing Madden online, because people don't play "real" football.

They bring all of their defensive players to one side, and rush everyone, taking advantage of the AI glitches that won't compensate for such things.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

From what I understand, Socom can be really good IF you have a group of ppl who are interested in playing the game the way it was intended, like a unit. Not going off guns blazing! Tony Hawk 4 has online and is out now and I think I remeber that Tony 3 had online as well. There is talk that Final Fantasy 12 will be online and there is Tribes as well, a Doom type capture the flag gamey thingy. I have't played it yet, but . . . .

The other nice thing about the Modem, and you might have to get it then QLD, it that the attachment for the HDD is right on the Modem. That will fit into that HUGH space under the "Expantion Bay" cover on the back side of the PS2. It looks like it takes a standard HDD, but Sony will probably have some type of special HDD that can only be used on the PS2. I think I remember Game Spot reviewing the Modem and said they could not get a standard HDD to sucsessfully work on it. Hopefully that will be out soon as well

I am looking forward to Final Fantasy 11 online. They already started beta testing in Japan, and it looks cool.

I am not a fan of Tony Hawk or skateboarding, but I may give Tribes a try.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

Ill be getting the modem as soon as I can find one. I left many of my good videogaming friends back in Ontario, and we've been waiting for an opportunity to continue our EA NHL and Madden feuds via internet. The day will soon be here!!!!!!

Oh, and QLD you can always either play with folks you know, or make some specifications with the other guy as to what's reasonable or not. Hopefully there'll be others who see it our way. (I hate BS videogame football, the only departure my friends and I make is going for it on long fourth downs, as defensive stops are so rare, they're usually the team's death knell for that game).
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008