Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's because a movies data stream does not pass through the Windows API layer. It's sent directly to the monitor as an overlay. So it's not captured with the Print Screen button. You can download some programs that will capture video screens though. Look around at www.download.com.

Hope that helps ya.

Originally posted by Boba Rhett
    It's because a movies data stream does not pass through the Windows API layer. It's sent directly to the monitor as an overlay. So it's not captured with the Print Screen button. You can download some programs that will capture video screens though. Look around at www.download.com.

Hope that helps ya.
    I actually can do that, if I play the movie from an external source and input it through my AGP card. The ATI file player program provides a still capture button (as well as the ability to capture full video). However, that awful copy protection technology sometimes gets in the way.

Sorry to take the thread off track. I now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

Heh, yeah. Back off track. How's that AIW card working out for you?

Originally posted by Nexu
    Heh, yeah. Back off track. How's that AIW card working out for you?
    It's been a little more difficult than it should be. Since I'm running two monitors, the AIW software got confused with the other ATI card I have. I ended up having to go deep into the Registry to delete everything having to do with ATI and start from scratch.

At the moment, everything seems to be working fine, except the audio from any captures I do has a large amount of hiss in it. I'm trying to get useful info from ATI and SOYO (the motherboard) to try to fix it but have been unsuccessful. I'm convinced that the problem is with the AIW but it is "undocumented" of course, so getting them to admit to a problem is difficult. "Simply" capturing video isn't ... well, it just isn't.

Heh, yeah. The deal with ATi is that their drivers could be much much better. The hardware is rock-solid, but their drivers are close to useless.

Sorry to say it, but I'll have to wait for the Xbox version with the spec's they are asking for the PC. I spend all my money on figs.

And if the Xbox can get close to the quality they say- it's a better system than I thought.

=MATT=
    * General Disclaimer- I can't spell or type- Deal with it.