Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Pac Man The Movie

Pac-Man Fever
    It's drivin' me crazy. Pac-Man is headed for a theater near you!

November 05, 2002 - According to today's Hollywood Reporter, Crystal Sky Entertainment and Japanese distributor Gaga (the two companies linked to the live-action Tekken movie) have gobbled up the movie rights to the videogame that started it all, Pac-Man. The trade reports that the companies recently worked out a deal with developer Namco to create a "live-action fantasy adventure" based on the game. What exactly they mean by "live-action," I'm not sure but that could be really interesting (and/or disastrous). No writer or director is attached to the project at this time.

Crystal Sky's president Steven Paul enthused, "There is no other game title bigger than Pac-Man. From children to their parents, Pac-Man is a name everyone knows and loves."

Pac-Man, the game, was originally released in 1980 by Midway. The yellow, pie-shaped character runs around a maze eating pellets while evading four ghosts: Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde. When he eats a power pellet the ghosts turn blue and, for a few seconds, he can eat them. Oh, what fun! The simple game was expanded upon in a number of sequels including Ms. Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man, Jr. Pac-Man and Pac-Land. The latter was largely based on the Pac-Man cartoon by Hanna-Barbera. The Saturday morning show chronicled the adventures of the classic videogame character and his family.

-- Brian Linder http://www.ign.com
    Back and more bearded than ever before

For the love of god, nooooooooooooooo. How can you make a live action Pac-Man movie? Why not just do a movie based on the very first video game instead. "Pong: The Movie". This is gonna suck harder then the crappy "Super Mario Bros." movie. Somebody shoot me. *THUD*

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Well....pong might work....I mean afterall....it is a metaphor for life

Yeah, this will be dumb.

I know something that sucked harder than the Mario Bros. movie. The other video game movie based on brothers Jimmy and Billy! Double Dragon!

Pac Man the movie??? Oh please? Are you serious? What? Waste of money? Hummmm...
    It is never to late to be what you might have been. (George Eliot)

Courage is as often the outcome of despair as hope; in the one case we have nothing to lose, in the other, all to gain (Diane De Poiters)

I wouldn't lie about this Oscar contender of a movie, Silas.

Ewww, Double Dragon: The Movie. Thanks for bringing up that nightmare of a movie. I may have to sleep with the lights on tonight.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Don't forget that gem of a movie, Street Fighter. Raul Julia, what the hell were you on? I can understand the other actors (Word Is Being Used Loosely) starring in it, but not you.

The Pac-man cartoon and trading cards back in the 80s were terrible, why would they make a movie about a game that hasn't been popular in almost 20 years?

we even had the pac-man board game
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".