Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My lunch hour at work is devoted to the same cause. And being pipped at the post by being outbid by 20p has to be the most annoying thing.

Harrumph
    and I thought they smelled bad on the outside...

Woohoo, I just won his auction for Kitik Keed'kak!
    {Trying not to gloat}.

My first serious purchase for weeks! I'm looking FW to this figure, but I can wait for Wuher and Evazan as I've got versions of them already.
    "Afterlife, aftershave - don't hold with any of it!" - Sir Henry Rawlinson.

Is this an in hand auction? if so well done. One of the few figures that I'm really looking forward to obtaining. Possibly. If stocks allow. No actualy I pre-ordered Kitik a while back from Toypalace as soon as i saw the cantina sets up on the site. I dunno, maybe I pay more over all but i just find it more satisfying to order something and know I'm going to get it. I find the thought of auctions or haggling for something too stress filled and life is very short for fussing and fighting my friend - try to see it my way........

Oh, I agree! I always prefer to use Buy-It-Now on eBay if it's available! I just spotted this auction a day or two before its end, and placed a bid a few hours before it closed.
    I don't usually have the patience for pre-ordering, even if that means paying a bit more.

My Kitik would appear to be in-hand, from the wording of the auction... plus I've just had an email from the seller telling me that he's sending it out today!
    It shouldn't take long for the parcel to get from Cornwall to London so I'm hoping it'll arrive by next Wednesday!

If you can manage to get a pic of her legs that'd be sweeter than sweet. galactic hunter posted pics but they neglected to do one of what she looks like under the skirt and I hear tell she's fully articulated. It won't be rude to take a pic up an insects skirt i don't think... But I'm very curious about what they did with her 'legs'. If it's at all possible to get a pic somehow I'd be very grateful to you

Very worrying kinky buggers... It's like that picture some guy took recently of the 12" Blue and Red Guards, both hitching up their skirts to compare 'construction'...

Oh, there was an advert for toy lightsabres during GM:TV the other morning. First SW toy advert I've seen on TV since the speeder bikes in the eighties. Well, I was excited!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Now I didn't want the request to sound kinky at all but i guess no matter how you ask it does. Did you download the hasbro ads for the figures that aired in the states? They were quite funny. Kids running round with slave-1 in their hands reminded me of an old advert from Kenner that had a kid flying an x-wing round. To be honest, the adverts are so short and they show the products so fast you hardly get a good look at the stuff. Did the advert on GMTV have an Americam accent? They sound much better with a yankee accent than a British one. British accents sound stupid talking about action features and the like. Remeber that awful ad for the game 'Operation' where the mum walks into the room and sees the kids giddling in a huddle on the floor and she goes over to see what's going on and the kid says "now it's my turn to operate" hits the buzzer and everyone laughs, then the mother says "Operate! Can I have a go?" in this dreadful fruity middle class voice. It just doesn't seem right to dub American ads into british accents. But that's digressing.

I'd worry about people geting into that whole Queen Amidala Theed invasion pants or no pants thing again but Kitik is just a big insect so it really isn't the same. All i was wondering was if it was possible for her to be supported by her legs without the skirt so if i bought a second one i could customise it to make a male of her species. See, logic to my madness. If her legs aren't going to support her without the skirt then i won't bother getting two.

I'll see what I can do.... might have some explaining to do if the Vice Squad decide to swoop, though.....

Mantis-lady arrived today!
    I haven't had time to open her yet, though, and I doubt I'll be able to get a photo online much before weekend as I'll be out late tonight.

But.....

From the look of the packaging I'd I'd guess that if you were to remove the plastic skirting, there'd be a recess around the waist about 1mm wide and perhaps half as much deep.
    The legs appear to go all the way up to the waist and there's a thick tail between them, but I can't see yet if they're articulated and can't tell yet if the legs would support her without the skirt.
    There are no holes in the feet, though, so I suspect they might not be fully poseable & that the figure might be articulated just where the skirt joins the body.

I think if you do want to customise this figure you might want to cut the skirt off to leave a kind of belt.

The figure's articulated at the shoulders too, & possibly just above the elbows, although the head and upper torso appear to be moulded from one piece of plastic.

More later when I set her loose - prob'ly tomorrow!

Well, I've just opened her and there's no articulation at the elbows as I'd thought, but she does have moveable legs!

Jargo, here's that shot you requested. I think her feet are big enough to support her without the skirt, but I'm not sure that the weight of her arms won't cause her to overbalance if you do cut it off.

Any similar shots of Aunt Beru will cost you, though ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kitik_legs.jpg