Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

1st pics of "new" 2003 AF inc mini-figs

Take a peek........

http://books.dreambook.com/tpu/probenews.html

You may have to scroll down a bit.

Cheers

BC3

Poodoo.

Gian Speeder should be in a Theed Retake Battle Pack with Battle Droids and Naboo Soliders.
    Cloud Car could've been a good Bespin Battle Pack..
    Skiff & Jabba - WTF. Jabba'll look weird trying to pilot that Skiff.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Rehashed... sigh...
    "SirSteve"
    Check out my new venture:
    CollectionStation.com - A social network for collectors!

Technically speaking, those aren't new. But if thats a sign of things to come, meaning the return of mini-figs. This is GREAT.

The way you stated this topic I thought there were pics of the Gunship and such. Oh well. Thanks for the news B3.
    "I'm a simple man, trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango Fett

LET'S GO PENS!!!! LET'S GO PENS!!!!

I'm not 100% confident in these pics, all 3 are non-repaints of older AF product wherease all the previous rehash pics we've seen and bought so far have been noticably repainted. The paint app details on the Gian speeder are very specific and appear identical, even Battle Pack Jabba's tongue remains unpainted. I don't know for sure, but it seems like someone is pulling the wool over TPU's eyes on these 3.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

JT - I thought the same as you when I looked at the pics. That AF logo on the stand in one of the pics is the old logo.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I would not trust this too much eigther. The new releases had the missile features removed, I find it hard to beleive they would leave 'em on the gian speeder.

Well, when Hasbro took away the mini-figs they said the money saved from them would go into detailing the ships. Great job on that Solar Sailer. . Maybe, just maybe this "new sets" are new, and seeing as they have figs Hasbro is saving money removing the details?

Although , I have my doubts. We have all seen a list of the NEW confirmed 2003 AF. These 3 "new" sets are not listed with them. We can only hope these sets are really new sets.

I don't know, about the AF logo on that stand. Looking at one of the recent released AF BP, the only difference between the stands is the color of paint used. This "new" set looks silver. The redone sets used gold. The logo on the redone stands are the same logo used on the old Galoob BP. I think Hasbro put that new AF logo on the larger stands, because they redone those to account for the missing figs. They didn't have to redesign the stands for the BP, seeing as the stand were never made to hold the mini-figs.

Originally posted by Jangu Fett

Although , I have my doubts. We have all seen a list of the NEW confirmed 2003 AF. These 3 "new" sets are not listed with them. We can only hope these sets are really new sets.
    The Gian speeder and Cloud Car were listed on a list released recently but the Jabba w/ Skiff Battle pack set is new info.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"